• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

who decides which pre op diet you follow?

los in it

I have been reading of the different types of pre op diets that some people are doing on here and it seems the length of time is different to ....so my question is who picks you or the surgeon? I think I would like to do the soup and yogurt one and NOT the milk one ! I guess I will just have to go with the one the surgeon says but I would like to be able to pick the least worst one !

Your team make the decision. Most hospitals have a single pre op diet which they recommend. But they will normally work with you and adapt it for you if you really cant tolerate the diet you have been given. Personally I did the milk diet and it was fine. I found taking food out of the equation helped me focus a lot. Whatever you do, always plan ahead with your pre op diet, spread your intake evenly, so you dont get too hungry.

The LSD will be prescribed by the surgeon and it's length will depend on your personal assessment. You need to stick to it like glue. If we cannot manage to do so, then we seriously have to consider if we are ready for surgery. Trust me, the challenge of the LSD is nothing compared to the first couple of months post bypass. My advice to you at this stage is to nip in the bud any notion you have of thinking you have control ... You are totally in their expert hands and any attempts to contradict and/or 'tweak' their advice may not be wise. xxx

thanks for the advise

Back