• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

who decides which op is best for you?

pinkladyMK

chatterbox!!
it may be a stupid question but since my doc refered me its one of the main ones ive been thinking about

who does decide?
is it ME or the surgery?
i have been reading up on them and i personally want the by pass as i think it would be better for me in alot of ways
and was just wondering if it is me that decides or the surgery and if he does decide and im not help can i ask for a different op?
sorry its just been on my mind for ages

also while im asking once u have had surgery are u still able to drink booze? i know it sounds soooo stupid but i was wondering if u can but not alot so u will never get drunk again? or that it will be drinking less and getting drunk really quick or not being able to drink alot and never getting even tipsy again??

i know its a silly question but i have alot of family who have lots of party and was just wondering?

thanks natalie xx

Hmmm..don't know on NHS - I am going private so the surgeon gave me the choice as my BMI was not too high. I opted for the bypass due to my eating habits. I have always been a terrible eater (it's never been my amounts, it's been the type of food I eat) and I have always managed to keep slim due to my excessive exercise regime which I can no longer do. I needed a solution which was permanent, one which I could not cheat easily on and one which could mean the possiblility of weight re-gain a slim possibility. I have arthritic hips now so huge amounts of exercise is out of the question, but I need to get the increased weight caused by my lack of mobility down, so that I can start a lighter exercise solution. Life with no exercise for me is unthinkable. I don't drink, don't smoke, endorphines are my thing!! :)

My goal is to start cannie-X next year with my Akita - I may not be able to do the long runs, but if I can at least manage the short ones I will be happy.

I am sure you will get a range of advise on here which will answer your question more directly.

both the surgeon and yourself decide by discussing your eating habbits in detail, i chose a band over a bypass as i was a volume eater, i loved huge meals rather than being a snacker or sweet food lover. the band suits my eating habbits and help me control my portions xxx

Hello i chose a bypass and my sergeon agreed with me as i ate all day and had a real sweet tooth. You will decide whats best for you togeather xx good luck honey xxx x sarah

thank you so much for the info girls it really helps
well im a picker and have a very very very very sweet tooth so think bypass will be the better option for me but sooooo nervous about it all do any1 know if i should be applying for funding myself for leaving it to the hospital as it says on their website they apply for it but not sure wot to do?

I chose the band because I liked big portions. The sweet stuff and grazing was'nt a problem for me it was just the amounts I ate. I could have had the bypass because I'm diebetic but was'nt brave enough to have something so invasive. I have no regrets though because the band is working for me. Its a choice made between you and the surgeon, he won't do anything against your will so discuss with him and deciding together is the best bet.High BMI is also taken into consideration when deciding which op will suit you best. Good luck in making the right decision. xxGaynorxx

We are in the same boat Pinklady as Ive been wondering the same. I would prefer bypass although I am scared as Ive read of 2 deaths on here recently. I'll have a good chat with my Doctor and hopefully make the right choice.

My GP applied for my funding so I have that in the bag.

I also asked the question about alcohol a couple of weeks ago and the general response was yes you can drink but not too much and you get drunk quicker. I dont think you can drink fizzy drinks tho.

I'm sure the more experienced on here will put me right if this is wrong....

Back