• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

who has Sleep Apnoea

bigun

i was border line on the sleep apnoea now ive had 6 months cpap i have to go back for a new mask as mine rubbing my nose how do you guys find them i cant sleep unlees i have mine on now

Where I live the PCT don't automatically ask for sleep apnoea testing as part of the process but my mum thinks I may suffer as I've always been a snorer.

When I look at some of the requirements of some trusts/PCT's I get worried that they will look at my notes on op day and tell me I'm missing results and that, until they're done, they can't proceed!

At the same time I'm a bit worried to ssk beforehand about sleep studies or endoscopies in case they put my op back!

Tatiana

bigun said:
i was border line on the sleep apnoea now ive had 6 months cpap i have to go back for a new mask as mine rubbing my nose how do you guys find them i cant sleep unlees i have mine on now

Hi

I have sleep apnoea and have used CPAP for years. I always use my machine as without it I'd feel really tired.
Since my op my apnoea episodes have improved so continuing to lose weight means I may finally get rid of it! :)

Hiya,

I have sleep apnoea. I was diagnosed at the beginning of this year but it took 3 months to sort out the right mask as I am allergic to most of them! I can't sleep properly now without the mask. I know the op will help with my problem, but I also need to have my tonsils out as they block my airway too as they are massive! They won't take my tonsils out though until I have had the wls.

how do you know if you have it? I wake my self up shouting and snoring, is this a sign?

how do you know if you have it? I wake my self up shouting and snoring, is this a sign?
if you feel tired after at nights sleep and you snore then u have a good chance of having it i went to gp 2 yrs ago and asked to be tested but it was not till i had my first pre op check that they told me that it be a good idea that i use cpap cos it will reduce the risk of a stroke and heart problems after op

Is cpap one of those masks?

cpap stands for continuous positive airway pressure

I had a sleep test at home, last year, and never heard back so asked and was told the results were OK. When I was in ITU after my bypass, I head the doctor / nurse whatever doing the ward round, speaking to students and I was described as mild sleep apnoea.

I snore like a dragon, and always feel tired in the morning, but I put that down to anaemia, underactive thyroid, pre menapausal, and generally being a middle aged and unfit. Who knows!

I know the poor people who are diagnosed with it, do suffer with the mask, but also do get better nights sleep. It also is a plus point for getting funding as it counts as a co-morbidity. Although it is not a good thing to have, every ailment seems to help getting NHS approval.

I had severe sleep apnea and i stopped breathing 86 times an hour, i used the cpap machine before my op which was a godsend and i used it after for 3 months, then thankfully due to the weight loss i dont suffer with sleep apnea any more.

well ive not used mine for 2 weeks as the mask has rubed the bridge of my nose raw i have tried plasters micro pour cotten woll but nothing helps so im going back next week get a new mask

Back