• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who is in the north east?

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
Seems there are a few people here from the north-east... Do you ever have a meet up or anything?

Just curious.

Other forums and things I am on are always so south based it's nice to feel part of the gang!

I live in Sunderland :)

Rx

im not weightloss surgery but i live in middlesbrough :).

Hi Rose I live not far from you in Bowburn. There are lots of us at various stages of waiting for surgery or have been through surgery for bands or gastric bypasses. We do meet up on a regular basis, normally every 1-2 months at costa coffee in the metro centre. There is a post with Sunderland in the title (Poor memory) can't remember exactly and has updates about everyone and arrangements for meet ups. Where abouts do you nurse? I am an OHA and one of the clients I look after is Rolls Royce in Pallion.

Jx

I live in Dunston, Gateshead. When I first joined here I remember reading that members met at weatherspoons in the metro centre, but I haven't read of any others yet :)

xxx

Im from wallsend, north east and wud love to have a meet up, my op is 13 days time so maybe we cud make a meet for a month or 2's time?

Should we start a new thread in the meet section? x

Hi Rose

I'm in Bishop Auckland and have a band.

not been to any meetings as not aware of any local, but there will be one soon at Sunderland (from September I think) set up by 2 bands Liz and bypass Sarah.

Ive started a thread for north east meet up in the meeting section if any1 wants to join x

hello im sarah i live in boldon and had a bypass at sunderland royal, we try to meet every other month at costa coffee in the metro center everyone is welcome. there is a support group starting at the hospital on september the3rd 6 till 8 me and my aunty 2 bands liz will be there it would be great if you all could come x x x

Seems there are a few people here from the north-east... Do you ever have a meet up or anything?

Just curious.

Other forums and things I am on are always so south based it's nice to feel part of the gang!

I live in Sunderland :)

Rx

hi rosie, i was banded at sunderland, are you one of mr smalls patients ? we have regular meetings in the metro centre as sarah says, we will also be starting an official support group also at the hospital for his nhs patients.

liz x

I have been referred to Mr Small by my GP but I am soooooo impatient I am going private as the idea of waiting a year terrifies me....

So I can't come to the support group at SRH unfortunatley

Rx

Back