• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone from the North Staffordshire area?

jinkles

Hi all, I thought it may be a good idea to see how many (if at all any) people there are from this area who have had weight loss surgery either nhs or private (sorry if there is already a thread like this I have looked but not seen one). Perhaps we
could form a North Staffs WLS group on here, wot do u think?????:)

My name is jenny. I had the gastric band done at the nuffield hosp in Newcastle -u- Lyme 13 days ago. I live in stoke. :D

Hi Jenny, I am a North Staffs person (Leek). Are you under North Staffs PCT or Stoke PCT? (I used to work at Stoke PCT!)

Firstly, congratulations on your op!! How are you feeling and getting on?

There is a support group at the BUPA Hospital Newcastle which is a mixture of private & NHS patients. We met last weekend, it is normally the first Saturday of the month. I've only been going for a little while. The first one I went to there were quite a few people there, the second time only about 4 and this time about 8. It is very informal and really just chatting about people's experiences.

I am pre-op and NHS. I will never be private even if I am rejected for funding time and time again, just not something I could ever afford.

Next meeting is on 7 Feb. I can give you the organiser's info if you need it!

Nice to see another (almost) local person to me!! I haven't met anyone else under the same PCT and I think you are probably under Stoke if you live in the city, but all the same, not too far off!

Lorna

Hi Jenny, I am a North Staffs person (Leek). Are you under North Staffs PCT or Stoke PCT? (I used to work at Stoke PCT!)

Firstly, congratulations on your op!! How are you feeling and getting on?

There is a support group at the BUPA Hospital Newcastle which is a mixture of private & NHS patients. We met last weekend, it is normally the first Saturday of the month. I've only been going for a little while. The first one I went to there were quite a few people there, the second time only about 4 and this time about 8. It is very informal and really just chatting about people's experiences.

I am pre-op and NHS. I will never be private even if I am rejected for funding time and time again, just not something I could ever afford.

Next meeting is on 7 Feb. I can give you the organiser's info if you need it!

Nice to see another (almost) local person to me!! I haven't met anyone else under the same PCT and I think you are probably under Stoke if you live in the city, but all the same, not too far off!

Lorna
:)Hi Lorna. I would be under North Stoke PCT but have been lucky enough to go private. I was banded by Mr Cheruvu at the Nuffield Hospital in Newcastle-under-Lyme. I have briefly considered going to the support group but suppose didn't have enough confidence to go:eek:
I think I may try to go, after all I've told myself this is the year of change and confidence is somehing I need to build!!
Do you know where you will be referred to for ur op (what op are u havin)??

Good luck anyway, feel free to send me a private message or contact me again if you want to chat about WLS x x ;)

Hello again Jenny. I have been referred to Mr Khan at Walsall Manor and am having an RNY. I am a twit, you did say you were a private patient so don't know why I was on about the PCT! It was North Stoke I worked for just before it merged with South and became just plain old Stoke PCT! Just when they employed that guy who was on the front page of the Sentinel the other day for falsifying his CV and degree certificates!!!

I am pretty sure I'll be at the next meeting, so if I am I'll let you know and then you'll "know" someone already and have no excuse not to go!

Hello again Jenny. I have been referred to Mr Khan at Walsall Manor and am having an RNY. I am a twit, you did say you were a private patient so don't know why I was on about the PCT! It was North Stoke I worked for just before it merged with South and became just plain old Stoke PCT! Just when they employed that guy who was on the front page of the Sentinel the other day for falsifying his CV and degree certificates!!!

I am pretty sure I'll be at the next meeting, so if I am I'll let you know and then you'll "know" someone already and have no excuse not to go!
Thanks, I will try my best to attend the nxt meeting x x

Particularly as a certain marvellous someone went to all that effort to get you the details :D

Particularly as a certain marvellous someone went to all that effort to get you the details :D
Yes I know thanks shellbell, I really do want to go, one minute I think YES I CAN DO IT, then the more I think about it the more I talk myself out of it, i guess old habits die hard, I'm gonna need one big kick up the a***!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Hi I am also from stoke and I had a bypass at Walsall on the 2nd Jan 09

Hey Teen theres lots of us waiting for surgery at Walsall. Get over to the Walsall Posse thread - we're all a bit mad but lovely really.

Yes I know thanks shellbell, I really do want to go, one minute I think YES I CAN DO IT, then the more I think about it the more I talk myself out of it, i guess old habits die hard, I'm gonna need one big kick up the a***!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I am kindly volunteering my foot. Let me know when the next one is and I shall remind you persistently :D

Red I just noticed your height, my lord but you're tall! 42 feet! Wow!

Red I just noticed your height, my lord but you're tall! 42 feet! Wow!

pmpl ... and your BMI is 0.8 red. You dont need WLS.

Darn it you shrunk :(

Jinkles - next meet 7 Feb, 10am-12noon, Clayton Rd in the cafeteria - I presume that is the place you had your op, so no excuses, you know where it is!!! If you like, I'll get there a few minutes early and meet you outside. It really is very informal, we sit round a table, drink tea and coffee and talk about how much people have lost, how they're finding everything, what they're having difficulties with, suggestions from the more experienced people on how to get over certain problems, and lots of other nonsense that has nothing to do with WLS but is just nice to talk about. One lady who is part-way though her journey had a lovely surprise in the form of a gorgeous baby girl, who is the happiest little thing I've seen!, and she brings her along sometimes. Of course then the baby is the centre of attention, she isn't a year old yet and is so happy and smily!! Makes for a very light mood.

I'll be reminding you closer to the date!

Teen - have you been to the Stoke/Newcastle support group? Details are above and again, if you like Jinkles and I could wait for you outside!! I'm happy to give you both my mobile number too (not sure how to use PMs on here, if you can? - help anyone?) and then we can just have a quick chat the night before if you want. Again, I can also give you Ange's details, the lady who organises the meets.

How are you finding everything after your op? Would love to hear more about your journey.

Look forward to meeting you both!!!

Hi Chivas, you have to make 50 posts before you can PM. Other people (who have more than 50 posts) can email you through your profile (your email address isn't shown unless you reply) which is the only way to get in touch with people this early on after joining.

Get posting :D

Jinkles have just had an email from the lady who runs the group, asking if everything was ok as she hadn't heard from you. She's really hoping you go along next time, says everyone has felt the anxieties you're feeling, and has been through it, and she has sent me her home number in case you want to find out more about it. Just shout :)

Back