• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who needs friends,

Wendy1

Had a bad day yesterday, just begining to feel better and went to see a friend, should have stayed at home, when i went in first thing she said, "people are telling me you look hagerd, you have lost your chubby face (good hated that face)and have lost weight, (she knows i have had op) I need to feed you up( fat chance) She tried to make me eat a big meal told her i could'nt and she said it was in my head, she is 94yrs (she wont reach 95 if she dos'nt change) old people are not very sensative, i must have a good day soon. xx:wave_cry::needhug: another

Aw Wendy - old people seem to think being big means healthy and blooming.....after the war everything was rationed, they don`t see that too much weight isn`t healthy.

Never mind hun sending you lots of hugs :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :grouphugg:

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Awww hun try not to let you get it down it may just be an age thing.

As a student I worked in a daycentre for the elderly and discussing the weight of the staff was a daily activity for the service-users.

hug coming your way x

Maybe it would be worth explaining it all to her again. That you werent happy and now you physcially cant eat a huge meal etc etc. And that she should stick up for you when she hears people saying things

x

Awww wendy :( great big hugs coming from me (((((wendy))))) I've told lots of people and I've not had support from anyone, I'm sure they like me being fat so that they look better! Ah well they'll just have to deal with it, if they dont like me slim then they weren't really friends in the first place. To he'll with them all wendy, that's what I say lol chin up rainbow drop :) xxx

THanks guys i am going to have a good day tomor if it kills me, think i will buy my self something new xx

At her age she just wont undaerstand,dont take it to heart and keep smiling!

Time to go into la la mode hun! when someone says something upsetting just go lalala in your head and change the subject suddenly, they will soon get the message its not up for discussion its your body, your life and they can like it or lump it!
This time next year you will look and feel amazing so they better get used to it :)

Last edited:
THanks guys i am going to have a good day tomor if it kills me, think i will buy my self something new xx

May need to develop a thick skin in this instance, hun (don't worry, it won't weight anything :)) I bet she really does believe big equates to healthy ... chin up & have a really excellent day tomorrow xx :):)

It WAS a good day! She said people had noticed, you refused food you were offered, you tried to educate somebody (even the elderly can learn and perhaps she will educate those who said you looked haggared) and you came on here. Thats a good day.
A bad day was pre surgery, sat at home eating things you knew you shouldnt, and old people saying things like 'have you seen the size of her' etc.
Mwah xx
Lynne x

Back