• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WHY ARE WE NEVER HAPPY???

831phil

I have been for my second follow up since op back in May. My official weight loss on their scales was 5 stone 8 which is less than my scales say but then the nurse told me I had lost 43% of my excess body fat! So why do I focus on - "still got 57% to go!" - if I had lost 5 stone 8 in 5 months previously I would have been ecstatic - so why am I always thinking "it should be more" - seen loads of these threads, but just wanted to sound off, if for no other reason than to say to myself "sort yourself Ruth - you are doing fab - you have lost 5 dress sizes, you can chase round after your 10 year old, you have had to sell every single item in your wardrobe and you can now shop in most high street stores- so shut up and get on with it!" - there, feel better now xxx

hahaha bless ya ruth :) theres nothing i can say to you that you havent already said to yourself lol, you are doing fab and you know it :D there are quite a few of us pre oppers that are jealous i can tell ya ;)
keep going mate :) xxx

hahaha bless ya ruth :) theres nothing i can say to you that you havent already said to yourself lol, you are doing fab and you know it :D there are quite a few of us pre oppers that are jealous i can tell ya ;)
keep going mate :) xxx

Not only pre opers Caren ... I am just not losing :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Well done Phil on a brilliant loss ... 57% is much less than 100% xxx :):)

Not only pre opers Caren ... I am just not losing :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Well done Phil on a brilliant loss ... 57% is much less than 100% xxx :):)
how long since you got weighed twink? lol

how long since you got weighed twink? lol

Last night at my daughters .. her scales are treacherous too :cry: Was determined not to get weighed before my hospital appointment on 16/11 but my daughter said I looked like I had lost loads so I gave in ... wish I hadn't :cry: x

Last night at my daughters .. her scales are treacherous too :cry: Was determined not to get weighed before my hospital appointment on 16/11 but my daughter said I looked like I had lost loads so I gave in ... wish I hadn't :cry: x

awww twink :( im sure its all this different scales thing, if youre daughter said you look like youve lost loads then you must have lost inches! did they say you had lost anything at all?

awww twink :( im sure its all this different scales thing, if youre daughter said you look like youve lost loads then you must have lost inches! did they say you had lost anything at all?

Just 7lbs since night before op, 2 1/2 stones in total including milk diet. I'm OK though, still feel loads better than before. Will have to learn the art of patience, lol xxx :)

Just 7lbs since night before op, 2 1/2 stones in total including milk diet. I'm OK though, still feel loads better than before. Will have to learn the art of patience, lol xxx :)
bless ya :( it'll come :) xxx

sorry Ruth lol x

I think we're all just so reliant on the scales - I know I am!

Have lost 2.5 stone this year (1.5 since my op) but I'm still trying to get down into the lower stone bracket and keep getting annoyed when I've only lost a pound or two... but I forget that I've gone from a size 26 to an 18-20 since the beginning of the year, and that is a huge achievement!

I need to forget what the numbers on the scales or the clothes say - I mean, who's even gonna see them? It's how I look and feel that matters to me the most! The fact I can walk up 3 flights of stairs with no pain and without being out of breath. The fact I can sit in a bus seat and not feel self-conscious about squashing someone next to me. All these things - and more - mean more to me than numbers!

Least that's what I keep trying to tell myself :)

One important thing is to find a regular time and one set of scales to use for weighing in as there are differences between scales and our bodies throughout the day.

I weigh myself on a Monday morning when I first get up but after my morning comfort stop - I'm usually in nightie or pj's and haven't eaten or drunk anything. I also do the same on Friday as it gives me a good indication how I'm doing ovrf the course of the week.

When I go to the hospital I compare my weight with my previous measurements at that clinic and on their scales whuch often shows some diffetence from my home scales but generally agree with the long term pattern of weight up or down!

Tatiana

So true about the scales, mine broke om wednesday and i have had to buy a new pair , the only thing is they show a different weight to my old pair and i am up by 4 lbs. I even made my husband to weight himself and he is also 4 lb heavier on them . I am only 5 weeks out and whilst i now i have lost 19 lbs since the op (and 14 pre op) seeing the scales go up makes me feel like i have gained - stupid i know. My advise to anyone with old electronic scales , invest in new ones pre op so you can track properly and not have to change over mid way or even a few weeks out.

So true about the scales, mine broke om wednesday and i have had to buy a new pair , the only thing is they show a different weight to my old pair and i am up by 4 lbs. I even made my husband to weight himself and he is also 4 lb heavier on them . I am only 5 weeks out and whilst i now i have lost 19 lbs since the op (and 14 pre op) seeing the scales go up makes me feel like i have gained - stupid i know. My advise to anyone with old electronic scales , invest in new ones pre op so you can track properly and not have to change over mid way or even a few weeks out.
good advise, thanks xxx

Back