• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why?

madstaffyblonde1

http://tickers.wlsurgery.
Why is it I can't see any difference? I no I have lost weight as the scales are going the right way for a change and my clothes are getting to big and everyone else can see the difference so why can't I?

I got on the scales today and am now 15 stone 13 I cannot remember ever being this light.

I think we still keep our 'fat heads' on for more than a little while.

I'm over 3 months out now and can honestly say I've only just started to notice my body shape changing. Inc the pre-op I'm 4lbs off losing 4st in total and every time I look in the mirror I still see the fat girl staring back. Even buying new clothes in 'normal' shops doesn't seem to help.

I'm hoping my head will catch up with my body one day!

Hiya,

I think everybody feels like this it takes time for your head to catch up with your body image. It will do just giv e yourself time. Janey;)

So what's the answer? Is it to avoid looking in the mirror as much as possible so when you do your mind really registers the changes?

I know in the past when i've dieted it's those people i havent seen for a while who notice the change and not those who see me every day...

Just wondering if anyone would suggest avoid full length mirrors for six months or something?

Why is it I can't see any difference? I no I have lost weight as the scales are going the right way for a change and my clothes are getting to big and everyone else can see the difference so why can't I?

I got on the scales today and am now 15 stone 13 I cannot remember ever being this light.

Remember I told you at the first support meeting to take pictures to help you realise your weightloss, this is the reason why. Many of us don't really see how 'big' we truely are when we look in the mirror. We know we are overweight but often see what we want to in the mirror, however, the camera never lies. I still at nearly 12 months post op have problems, I cant see a difference in my body size, in photos I still think I'm huge. It's only when th epiccies are put side by side can I truely see how far I've come.

You're not alone in this problem x x x

I could have written your post myself. I know I have lost weight given the size of clothes I am wearing but I cannot see the difference myself at all.

taking monthly progress pictures is very important as we may not see it untill we compare the pictures x

Remember I told you at the first support meeting to take pictures to help you realise your weightloss, this is the reason why. Many of us don't really see how 'big' we truely are when we look in the mirror. We know we are overweight but often see what we want to in the mirror, however, the camera never lies. I still at nearly 12 months post op have problems, I cant see a difference in my body size, in photos I still think I'm huge. It's only when th epiccies are put side by side can I truely see how far I've come.

You're not alone in this problem x x x

Ditto.

I am my own biggest critic and I never think I look any smaller, but the camera never lies - whether pre or post op.

I look back on photos now of me pre op and am floored. Ive said this before but I honestly had no idea how big I had become. However I look in the mirror and dont see much of a change between what I see in the mirror now, and what I saw then...

Its only if I look at a photo of myself that I HAVE to accept that Im so much smaller than I was 8 months ago.

Back