• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

why are you not allowed to drink 30 mins before or after eating?

slimbydecember

I just wondered this as sometimes at work it takes me two hours of picking to eat my lunch which means I can't drink for all that time?

because it will fill you up? therefore you will eat less...but not be as full for longer....

is my guess anyhoo ;) xx

it flushes food through too so that you dont get the nutrition from it xxx

I know for the bypass it can push the food through your pouch quicker so you're not absorbing as many nutrients from your food, and as we don't absorb a lot anyway, we need to cling onto as many as we can get!! :) Also cos it makes you feel hungry quicker.

I'm guessing the principle is pretty much the same for banders, ie. it'll push it through quicker and make you feel hungry sooner? Not sure if it has the same issues with regards to malabsorption of nutrients though?

H xx

No its not the same for banders. It ll increase risk of food getting stuck no pleasant and can hurt and ll also flush some of the food quicker and making you hungry quicker. We don't have malabsorbtion issues like bypasser but we have getting food stuck issues. So please don't learn it the hard way and get used to that principal already. Hth xxx

search 'pouch rules for dummies' on here its a great read and explains everything it says its case u fill urself up on fliud. my letter from the hospital tells me to start drinking little with my meals once am on solids and know how much i can generally eat but if it hurts then stop n try again a few days later xx

sorry are u a bander or a bypasser am on me phone so cant see any profile info xx

I would have though bander as it is in the banders section...? It can get confusing sometimes though

I would have though bander as it is in the banders section...? It can get confusing sometimes though
yep sorry, i replied from a bypass point of view ooops :eek:

sorry i just click current posts i need to start looking wot section am reading xx

Don't worry caren :) xx

yep sorry, i replied from a bypass point of view ooops :eek:

Same here! I just select unread posts and never read what section it was posted in, need to start taking note of that a bit more lol! :eek: Sorry!

You shouldn't be picking at your lunch for 2 hours either, you shouold stop eating after 20 minutes so you dont get in the habit of grazing. GL x

i was going to say same as Marie you shouldn't be eating for two hours , if you are having to work while you eat that won't be the case anyway as you should be able to get less in shorter time x

You are still healing, just listen to your body for now. Eat what you can when you can for at least the first 4 weeks. As I said banders are different from bypassers. When you ll start having fills you ll be full after half hour and your portion ll be adjusted accordingly but for now you need the nutrient to recover from surgery. Xxx

I've had my band since February but I haven't been sticking to the rules very well so in turn not having a lot of success!

If I only eat for 20 minutes then I might only get about 3 mouthfuls and then feel hungry?

I just don't think I've got this all right in my head as it keeps telling me I don't eat enough.

I'll have not a lot of tea then worry I've not eaten enough so then I'll have a yoghurt or sorbet.

I'm going back to the hospital on the 23rd so I'll speak to them about how to sort my head out but I kind of think if I haven't done coming close to a year on I never will!

I've had my band since February but I haven't been sticking to the rules very well so in turn not having a lot of success!

If I only eat for 20 minutes then I might only get about 3 mouthfuls and then feel hungry?

Hello slimby , just curious as to why you can only eat 3 mouthfuls of food in 20 mins & 2 hours for lunch :eek:, hope u dont mind me asking, just wondering if its coz the foods getting stuck? ur eating on the go? As a bander myself I am curious - All the best MeJulie xx

slimbydecember said:

I just don't think I've got this all right in my head as it keeps telling me I don't eat enough.

I'll have not a lot of tea then worry I've not eaten enough so then I'll have a yoghurt or sorbet.

I'm going back to the hospital on the 23rd so I'll speak to them about how to sort my head out but I kind of think if I haven't done coming close to a year on I never will!

sounds too tight to me if that's all you can eat in 20mins? X

I get food stuck but I blame it on eating too quickly and eating too big mouthfuls and still trying to eat the wrong foods. One thing I have learned is that I can't eat on the go anymore!

Back