• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why Band

Flip_Flop_Flo

wondered why you chose band over sleeve?

I wanted the sleeve to start but now heading for band, part of the reason is the £4k difference.

X

My decision was as a result of discussion with two surgeons, both highly regarded. A band was better for me lifestyle wise, I didn't have massively high BMI, was nervous of having the more invasive surgery of a sleeve/bypass. However loads of posts on here about complications/failure rates of bands that can make for scary reading, and many people opt for sleeve/bypass. My advice would be to take advice fro clinical people, most providers will offer free consultations. Research which surgeon, go from there....

I had a band seven years ago and loved it and was incredibly successful. It slipped due to having children, I have recently converted to mini bypass. I would suggest that you think carefully if you are planning on having any kids, pregnancy causes vomiting and a lot of organs moving around inside!
I think a lot of the problems people have with bands now is as a result of the old advice we got for keeping a tight band which causes acid, slips etc. now it's more relaxed guidelines.
If you are self pay though as I was it's a hard pill to swallow having to pay for a revision to bypass at a later date, if I had gone for bypass first time round I probably wouldn't have had to pay twice!

I didn't realise until recently how management of bands has changed, I have yet to have a fill of mine, but losing steadily

Back