• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Empty band

snack

I just wondered if anyone else was told they had an empty band fitted then when it came to first fill u discovered that it wasn't empty , as I went for my first fill today and on my card etc says band empty,but when she emptied me before fill she found 2 mls already .when I asked her why she said sometimes they put empty as they test the band at op time as in filling and emptying then fill it again not that I'm complaining as I now have 3 mls instead of 1 ml as I already had 2 in there ? X

Yep, It happens often :D hope your first official fill gives you a little bit of a helping hand x

I'm not hungry at all at the moment,feel tighter band wise lol, hope it lasts just wondering how much others have in there bands for restriction too kick in as I feel tight at 3 but think this maybe down to just getting filled ?

It's different for us all, but I didn't really start feeling much till I had around 9.5 mils in my 14 mil band. Now at 10.5 it feels just right. Two loose weeks and two when I feel restricted and full at c 1200 cals a day :) it will probably feel tighter for a week or so following your fill, then ease off as the pounds start dropping off, and as a little of the saline finds its way back into the tube from the band ... Or that's what my nurse tells me ...

Yes it's always tight for the first couple of weeks, then eases up! Over time you'll need more top ups because as you lose visceral fat it loosens! All good :) I've got 8ml in my 11ml band and happy with it at that level....for now
I was told even at 2yr out I may still need tiny fills to keep at goal!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Aww thanks for answering my questions ladies , I have a small 10 ml band and I have a full again in just over 3 weeks so hope it will last until then , thanks again :) x

Back