• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WHY DOES WEIGHT PLATEAU ???

BlueDiamond

HELLO AND GOOD AFTERNOON TO YOU ALL

I BEEN ON A VERY LOW FAT DIET OR COMING UP TOO 3 WEEKS NOW.....AND ALL OF A SUDDEN MY WEIGHT LOSS HAS STOPPED DEAD IN ITS TRACKS..........BEEN ALMOST A WEEK NOW AND NOT LOST A SAUSAGE.............I SHOULD IMAGINE THE INITIAL W/L WOULD HAVE BEEN DUE TO BEING IN HOSP AND THAT......BUT NOW THE WEIGHT LOSS HAS STOPPED ALTOGETHER...........ORDINARILY I KNOW THIS CAN HAPPEN.....AND YOUR BODY ADJUSTS TO WHAT YOU ARE EATING AND WEIGHT LOSS SLOWS DOWN..........BUT IN ALL FAIRNESS I COULD UNDERSTAND IF I WAS NEAR MY GOAL WEIGHT OR NOT FAR OFF FROM IT ......BUT I AM STILL VERY OVERWEIGHT AND CANNOT WORK OUT WHY IT HAS STOPPED.............I KNOW MANY OF YOU HAVE PROBABLY BEEN (OR IN) THE SAME SITUATION, SO I WAS WONDERING HOW I COULD GET THINGS STARTED AGAIN, EXERCISE FOR ME IS A NO,NO AS I GOT SEVERAL HEALTH PROBLEMS AND CANNOT DO ANY VIGAROUS EXERCISE OR WALKING :mad:

ANY SUGGESTIONS , TIPS, ADVICE WOULD BE MOST WELCOMED........I AM EATING ENOUGH CALORIES AND ENOUGH MEALS (NOT TO MUCH THO) AM STOPPING WHEN I FEEL FULL.....I AM DRINKING ENOUGH WATER AS WELL.......SO I AM AT A LOSS !!! :wave_cry:

WILL AWAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU VERY WISE PEOPLE TOO SEE IF I AM MISSING SOMETHING I HAVE NOT THOUGHT OFF!! THANKS FOR LISTENING/READING.:family2:

ALL THE BEST - MEJULIE X X:D

This sort of thing during any weight loss programme is normal. I reckon when you weigh again in the next few weeks it will get going again, so try not to worry.

The body has to go through an adjustment when calorie and fat intake are lowered, sometimes there is a stall whilst things sort themselves out.

:)

julie am i right in thinking that you havent had surgery. It could a few things it could be that your body has has ajusted to the low fat and low calorie intake and has just naturally platued. Try giving it a treat by eating a few more calories over a few days and then reduce them again.
It could also be hormone related and it may be that you have lost weight but are retaining water.
I know when i did a low fat low cal diet i got into the habit of eating the same type of thing day in and day out and my body needed more variety.
Hth
good luck
hc
PS can i ask why you always write in capitals? i always think your shouting at us lol

Howdy hc

sorry i am not shouting lol.............i find capital letters let me see words better as end up squinting at e1 elses writing lol................no i have not had the op yet.......and yes u r right about eating same thing day in day out coz am scared to over eat on the fat side and end up back in hospital again ..............with regards to hormones etc......i am currently cleared of everything except cushing syndrome which i was told i didnt have and then got told they mixed the results up and may have it after all so wont find out till 7th july if i have got it or not.....and tbh i am not up to scratch on how that effects weight and stuff....i know it does tho as the surgeon told me it does.........so it could be that ................ Maybe i need to chop and change me diet every week or fortnight and not allow my body to adjust to changes all the time...........trick my body you know (best way i can explain it) what you think hc.???? Am willing to give owt a try.............after all nothing ventured nothing ganined, or lost in this instance lol

ty e1 for replying , most appreciated

all the best -mejulie xx

HELLO AND GOOD AFTERNOON TO YOU ALL

I BEEN ON A VERY LOW FAT DIET OR COMING UP TOO 3 WEEKS NOW.....AND ALL OF A SUDDEN MY WEIGHT LOSS HAS STOPPED DEAD IN ITS TRACKS..........BEEN ALMOST A WEEK NOW AND NOT LOST A SAUSAGE.............I SHOULD IMAGINE THE INITIAL W/L WOULD HAVE BEEN DUE TO BEING IN HOSP AND THAT......BUT NOW THE WEIGHT LOSS HAS STOPPED ALTOGETHER...........ORDINARILY I KNOW THIS CAN HAPPEN.....AND YOUR BODY ADJUSTS TO WHAT YOU ARE EATING AND WEIGHT LOSS SLOWS DOWN..........BUT IN ALL FAIRNESS I COULD UNDERSTAND IF I WAS NEAR MY GOAL WEIGHT OR NOT FAR OFF FROM IT ......BUT I AM STILL VERY OVERWEIGHT AND CANNOT WORK OUT WHY IT HAS STOPPED.............I KNOW MANY OF YOU HAVE PROBABLY BEEN (OR IN) THE SAME SITUATION, SO I WAS WONDERING HOW I COULD GET THINGS STARTED AGAIN, EXERCISE FOR ME IS A NO,NO AS I GOT SEVERAL HEALTH PROBLEMS AND CANNOT DO ANY VIGAROUS EXERCISE OR WALKING :mad:

ANY SUGGESTIONS , TIPS, ADVICE WOULD BE MOST WELCOMED........I AM EATING ENOUGH CALORIES AND ENOUGH MEALS (NOT TO MUCH THO) AM STOPPING WHEN I FEEL FULL.....I AM DRINKING ENOUGH WATER AS WELL.......SO I AM AT A LOSS !!! :wave_cry:

WILL AWAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU VERY WISE PEOPLE TOO SEE IF I AM MISSING SOMETHING I HAVE NOT THOUGHT OFF!! THANKS FOR LISTENING/READING.:family2:

ALL THE BEST - MEJULIE X X:D

Hi there Julie

I also have done a very low fat diet many many times in the past and I too plateaued after a few weeks...losing a pound here and 2 there...and sometimes nothings at all.

Might be an idea to get your thyroid checked. I distinctly remember going on a very low cal Cambridge diet and after the initial 1st week of about 5lb I only lost a pound a week if I were lucky...that's when they discovered my under-active thyroid...there were a few other problems too that could have contributed.

What about increasing your proteins?

I hope it all works out ok?

~hugs~

Back