• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why doesn't my restriction last!

jinkles

:wave_cry:Hi everyone.

For the last few months my weight has yoyo'd, putting 5-10lbs on then losing it again.
I have been on a liquid only diet to try and get some restriction back, drinking 2 slimfast shakes a day with 2-4 slimasoups and plenty of fluids inbetween. I did this for 3 weeks lost half a lb!!!!!
I have done low cal, slimming world, atkins, still very little loss. I have 10.5mls in a 12ml band and feel only a little bit of restriction. After every fill I have had, the restriction has been very good, but after 10 days to 2 weeks most of it goes????
I have never had a fill under xray, but mr cheruvu has taken out the fluid in my band before he has put any more in to check for leakage. He says he will not fill me any more as I have more in than he would like me to have now. On my last visit he wanted me to lose another 2 stones by november as my aftercare finishes at the end of december.
I am now to frightened to go back to his clinic has I have lost no more weight, and what's the point anyway...he won't fill me any more, I just don't know what to do!! :-(

Liquid diets won't help, as liquid passes straight through the band.

What you need is dense foods like chicken and tuna and egg. High proteins, low carbs and exercise like mad.

I can give you an example of what I eat and I loose about a pound a week.

Yesterday I had...

Breakfast - 1 cup of coffee, with semi skimmed milk and a small bowl of honey nut shreddies with skimmed milk.

Snack 11am - 1 Dairylea light triangle on a ryvita

Lunch - 1 slice Crustless Quiche (no wider than palm of hand) and salad

Dinner - 2 Mini Chicken fillets with mushrooms and sweetcorn, small jacket spud with flora extra light.

I drank at least 1.5 litres of water, 4-5 cups of tea and coffee.

I also walked for an hour.

Try eating more solid food, these stay in the top of the band longer.

Also you have lost a lot already and your body will now slow down and you are gonna have to work much harder to shift the rest. The band only normally gives a 30-50 percent EXCESS weightloss.

You have exceeded this so should be proud :)

hello lovely, sorry you're having a hard time :hug99:

could your band be in the wrong place? i think maybe an xray fill would be your best bet x

Hiya

Sorry you are having a hard time hun. i am a bypasser so not any good with bands. But I would say go back and talk to your team. You have a right to be happy and get your band sorted out before your time runs out.

Jo
xx

Hi, thanks for your replies.

I have been keeping a food diary for the last 2 weeks, here is what I have eaten over the last 2 days:

yesterday:

B/fast, 2 weetabix, 2 glasses water, 2 cups coffee

Snack, 1 apple, mullerlight yog

Lunch, 2 ryveta (sesame seed ones) 3 laughing cow light triangles, 1 banana, 2 coffee's glass of lemonade (diet)

Tea, 1 salmon fillet, brocoli, cauliflower, 1/2 mango.

2 glasses of water
mug of options hot choc and 1 digestive biscuit for supper

Monday:
Breakfast, 2 weetabix with strawberries 2 x coffee,, 2 glasses water

Snack 2 small oranges, handful of grapes coffee, glass of orange cordial

Lunch, 3 rice cakes with good for you cottage cheese with chives, 1 apple 2 glasses of water

Cup of coffee

Tea, chicken breast, 3 new potatoes with skin on, green beans

2 glasses of water

options hot choc with digestive biscuit.

This is typical of what I have been eating over the last few months. I always take my drinks about 1/2 hr before i eat or about an hr after.
I excersise almost every day which consists of 30/40 mins on my cross trainer and a 10-15 min session on my power plate.

Hiya Jinkles
I've got 6.5 in a 10ml band and I'm not able to eat that much in a day and struggle with any fruit or veg, funny how it affects us all in different ways isn't it.

Back