• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

why weight newcastle

charlie_pops

well ive done my 8 weeks, had my final assessment tonight and ive lost 1stone 3lbs and 3 inches from my waist. the bloke said he would write to my doc to refer me for surgery.

just wanting to ask all the newcastle ladies and gents roughly how long does it take and has anyone been referred through falcon house medical group? as my doc doesnt seem that interested in me. also can you help me with what happens next

x

Hi Charlie Congrats on doing so well on weight management :) you just need to go to doctors and get your referral sent ask for rakelane as they are getting through them quick. You might need blood tests for referral so make a nurse appointment too. Then once they have your referral you will be invited to a seminar where you are weighed (must have a bmi of over 40 here) and just listen to surgeon talk about surgery. This will be followed by nurse app then dietitian app and surgeon app (date normally given here) post and pre op diet app and then pre op app (hehehe quite a few appointments at the end as it's all go from surgeon app) The process can take anywhere from 6 months to 1 year from referral. Don't worry about doc as long as you have done your bit and fit the criteria their is no way he can refuse you to be referred. X

just checked my bmi and im 38.8 :S i was 41.5 when i started the course. should i make an appointment this week or should i wait a week or 2 till they get the letter from why weight.

That's a hard one the doctors can't refer you as you don't have a bmi of over 40. I would wait a few weeks and speak to the doctor but you might have to put a few pounds on to get your bmi back up and try and keep it at 40 till seminar finished. X

i feel so gutted now :( ill give it a week or so then ill ring them and see

charlie_pops said:
i feel so gutted now :( ill give it a week or so then ill ring them and see

Ar :( they might take your weight at the start of the weight management course now as it might have changed. No harm in ringing and asking then if you have to put a few pounds on you could manage that. I could put a stone on in around 2 weeks lol. Hope you don't feel too bad as it's nothing that can't be sorted for you to be referred x

it just seems so daft for me to have done the course and lose the weight then for them to tell me to put it on. rakelanes the closest one so id want to go there, sad to leave the course as i was having fun, the greek guy panos was so funny doing the exercises

charlie_pops said:
it just seems so daft for me to have done the course and lose the weight then for them to tell me to put it on. rakelanes the closest one so id want to go there, sad to leave the course as i was having fun, the greek guy panos was so funny doing the exercises

It might be different now and you have your weight management letter which tells them to refer you so might use that weight and you have done so well. Panos was just training when I was at mine he is stiff as a board lol, are you going to the follow up sessions they put on for people who have finished. X

i hope its changed and they accept the letter :) hes qualified now and was even doing the talks, took him 45 mins to do the eat right plate bless him. yeah im going to go to progressive groups as long as i can fit them in with work. really enjoyed myself on a thurs night

Back