• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Journey

Hi, am a bit of a newcomer, still finding my way around, but want to wish you all the very best for your journey xxxxxx

It will be a lovely christmas pressie if you get to know when your date is before christmas x

Just thought i would post my dates from the begining.

10/08/09 Refused Nurse training on the grounds of health and safety

11/08/09 Attended GP and requested referal for bariatric surgery

16/10/09 Attended Dr Syed Clinic at Salford Royal, Funding applied for.

11/09 Funding agreed and hospital chosen

10/12/09 Appointment with Mr Agwunobi date given

13/01/2010 RNY Bypass

To be honest I think Blackpool are really trying to get obesity levels down and really push to sort out funding

thought i would update my diary a little as i'm 5 days away from my gastric bypass.
I had my sleep test way back in November and as i had heard nothing for weeks after i assumed everything was fine. Then the day before Christmas eve i received an appointment for 21-01-2010 to see the respiratory Dr. When i tried to contact them to see what the problem was their was no one available and so had to inform my surgeon that there may be a problem. It has been panic stations since because the Dr who i have to see's PA has been on holiday till 4/01/2010 and was then unable to get to work because of the snow till yesterday.
Anyway i have mild sleep apnea but my surgeon and anesthetist have agreed that it will be OK to proceed and so weather permitting my op will go ahead on the 13/01/2010 at 2pm.
I think if it wasnt for this website and the people on it i would have gone mad at certain stages thanks for all your advice and kind words guys xx

Back