• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Journey

Just wanting to say hi and wish you luck again xxxx I agree about this site, I hope, that if and when I get my funding, everyone will be as kind and helpful on here xxxx

Wishing you all the luck for your forthcoming surgery nadine. Please P.m me anytime you like. Gail-michelle.x

Well I'm 3 days post bypass and although I'm feeling much better now i couldn't understand why i had taken such a radical step for the first 2 days.
1. No one said it hurts like hell
2. no one said you are heavier post op than pre op, and
3. It is imposible to be comfortable enough to sleep in any way shape or form.
BUT that aside, today i feel good I only have pain where the actual bypass was done and can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I had to spend the first night in ITU as i have sleep apnea and it was hard to keep my oxygen saturation above 90. Following that i was put in a room on my own for another night and then sent home, with 5 tinzaparin injections and a box of fast tab.

Hi good to see you back posting hopefully things will be much better for you in a couple of weeks. I bet that was nice getting a room to yourself. Take care.

I said on previous threads that I put all my pre weight loss back on :D but all that will come off within the week to 10 days plus more trust me!! I never include my weight lost pre-op on my ticker either, cause the weight I have lost is exactly from the date I was discharged. The sleeping bit will be so much comfyer in a few days, its like on the 7th day all pain dissapears like magic!! you will see. Take care and heres to a speedy recovery. Gail x:D

I said on previous threads that I put all my pre weight loss back on :D but all that will come off within the week to 10 days plus more trust me!! I never include my weight lost pre-op on my ticker either, cause the weight I have lost is exactly from the date I was discharged. The sleeping bit will be so much comfyer in a few days, its like on the 7th day all pain dissapears like magic!! you will see. Take care and heres to a speedy recovery. Gail x:D
You did say all that Gail but i think i looked at it through rose tinted glasses and expected to be in and out with no pain or anything. thanks for your support

:DHooray: last night i was able to sleep in my own bed it was like lying on a cloud. Then this morning miracle of miracles i can talk without catching my breath and i can stand up straight with no pain what so everl.
IT's A MIRACLE i,m so happy

Today i am 12 days post op, my staples are out and the majority of my wounds are heald(except for the big one which is scabby).
So far i have lost 27lbs thats 14lbs pre op and 13lbs post op, and i'm more than happy with that.
Now then! do i regret it? for the first 3 days YES for sure. Do i regret it now? NO should have done it years ago.
Its a bit like being in labour, at the time it hurts like hell, but soon after you forget the pain and see what a gift you have been given

:)Hi Nadine,
Just catching up with your diary-
so glad you're feeling better-
now that you've recovered from "giving birth"

Back