• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wind pains....My poor belly in pain!...Help

emma-louise

my new life!!
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know of a good wind relief tablet?
I'm around 4 month post op,but occasionally I suffer with bloating and wind pains.
Tonight my belly is gurgling and have wind pain.
I've got windeze in at minute but they don't seem to be helping.
So apart from trumping galore,which isn't very ladylike to get rid of wind!
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Does anyone else suffer from wind pains?
I thought you only really got them straight after the operation after being filled with gas!

Thanks all xx

Ty Deflatine....but it does make you trump and burp!
it's horrid isn't it.

Thanks grace,
Do u suffer with wind pains at all?
Its so embarrassing letting it all out in front of family...lol

Emma i was in absolute agony yesterday and tbh in so much pain dignity went out of the window! It began in church too and i had to run to the loo and was farting for England!
Do you have any idea what's causing it? Mine began 5 hours after a meal and it was so bad i was close to calling an ambulance!
I got home and farted and burped and retched and vomited before it finally settled. It was very very scary.

Hi grace
I just get the stomach ache/pains on the odd occasion but regarding the trumping that's definitely increased since the operation...lol I've got the weight loss for dummies book,and it just says it's all to do with chewing food more and taking in air..so I guess I will have to live with it.
But I need to know of a good wind relief tab so I can have it in my medical cupboard.
And I'm curious to know if other bypasses get more wind too.. So I'm not the only farty-arse...lol x

Hope your well grace and I'll look forward to seeing your new hair!I got my cut to shoulder length.

Yeah mine's shoulder length too, I was too much of a coward to go any shorter. It's going to take some getting used to!
I'm pretty sue yesterday my problems were a combination of:
eating too fast
not chewing enough
eating too much
a bit too much veg

I'm soooo much more windy post-op. It's a good job hibby has a good SOH because i can now practically play a tune when I fart....and it's almost always at bed-time! Which is SO not romantic! But we both just fall about laughing! :D
and the smell is quite disgraceful!

Lol..that's funny!
I just blame my 3 year old when I trump..naughty mummy...lol
Im not normally up till this late but there's no way I can go bed with these windy pains,so my faithful hot bottle is on my tummy at minute x

I'm just drinking some water as I haven't had enough today...then I'm off.
I hope it settles for you. It is grim. I found curling up in a tight ball helped. Squeezed it out!

Went to chemist this morning and everything over the counter seemed the same as windeze,does anyone have to take anything from doctors?for this problem
Thanks

Yes, most wind Tablets contain the same ingredient. If they aren't working try motillium or colfac, both available over the counter, which are IBS medicines so work slightly differently, they contain anti-spasmodics, which may help if your wind pains are more bowel than tummy. A good one is buscopan but not sure if you can buy it, I get it on script. Is there a pattern to your pains? Have you tried cutting out dairy or gluten to see if that is the cause?

Hi shelbell,

To be honest as I'm quite newly bypassed my eating at the minute is quite small amounts.
The tummy pains only happens occasionally,but ad last nite was quite painful I just wanted to have something in the cupboard.
I've got a nurse ringing tomorrow so I'll see if doc can help.
Do you get regular wind pains or troubles? As I'm interested how things go long-term.
Thanks for your help x

I suffer from wind a lot in my tummy , i just take peppermint capsules from the docs , have you tried peppermint tea ? that might be worth a go xx

You can buy Buscopan over the counter...personally I find Infacol quite helpful, and peppermint tea. I was windy before my op, but my goodness, I fart with a vengence now, more or less all day everyday & it can be foul too!!!! I take charcoal tablets & they help a bit. Some days are definitely worse than others, but as it's painful too, let it out girl! It don't pay no rent & if you don't, you'll eventually blow up....well I'm convinced I will anyway!

Thanks angie
It hurts tonite too,my tummy is soo loud.
Im hoping to get this sorted out with meds as it's not nice and embarrassing,lol
Any more advice from anyone is welcome x

its pretty common to experience this after surgery so I was told.

I usually take infacol or gripe water, they never suggested anything else actually and I forgot to ask if it was ok to take other stuff but I assume it is, just dont take them at the same time as your lanzoperzole or whatever else it is you have for the stomach acid.

Back