• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wish me Luck - Off to Occ Health Tomorrow

I think your manager needs a course on how to talk to people, definately not a people person. I am with you Andy we go on mass to have a shell like with her. Can't believe she has done that with no discussion with you first. No wonder you did not get a copy beforehand. xx
a big crowd of fatties having a word in her shell like :8855:

As an OH professional I am so pleased that you have had a positive experience. After all our role is to provide impartial advice. My employer's policy is to refer anyone going for pre planned surgery so that we can advise on timescales for return to work, phased return, adjustments etc. I insist that our Managers and HR team fullly discuss reasons for referral with clients prior to the referral being sent to OH - although this doesn't always happen, I always show a client the information I have been given at the start of my consultation x x

Hi Anna, I have nothing but praise for the lady I saw. Managers like mine can only put the OH professional in an awkward position. She knew as soon as I walked in that I was uncomfortable and from the very beginning she did everything to put me at ease. Even pointing out that she can be just as nervous as she does not know what to expect when different people come to see her especially as not all managers explain to staff members the reason why they are being referred to Occ Health. Thanks.

return to work

i went to see my company doctor this morning for a 'chat' but i told him that i'm going back to work on tuesday after 9 weeks off ...............he suggested first week 1/2 shifts second week 3/4 shifts and the third week back to full shifts unless i contact occupational health having problems with work ;)

Hi, the Occ Health have suggested a phased return to work. 4 hours per day for 1st week, 6hrs per day 2nd week and then back to 71/2 hour days the third week. The report that she wrote back to my manager was great. It stated quite clearly that I required on-going support and that my Manager should meet with me weekly to ensure that I was getting the support I required for my new post.;)

Hi, the Occ Health have suggested a phased return to work. 4 hours per day for 1st week, 6hrs per day 2nd week and then back to 71/2 hour days the third week. The report that she wrote back to my manager was great. It stated quite clearly that I required on-going support and that my Manager should meet with me weekly to ensure that I was getting the support I required for my new post.;)

sounds very much like my situation

Your manager sounds very cowardly. In no time at all your weight won't be an issue, your diabetes will be much better (or gone), your confidence will be sky high and your boss will still be a twit - oh well .... Can't have everything I suppose!

Sent via telephonic magic!

Your manager sounds a right pain in the ****!!
Glad you're experience with OH went alright though. Personally, I don't work due to pre-existing health issues, but wish you all the very best on your return! xxx

Back