• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

got my weightloss programme appiontment, newcastle people

charlie_pops

i havnt had a letter so thought i would ring up and have an appointment on the 18th :)

can any of the newcastle ladies or gentlemen tell me where i have to go. the man on the phone said he would see me in byker, but he was mumbling abit then put the phone down!

i think he said molineux centre. is that where the doctors is?

hopefully a letter will turn up before then. any advice for me going in there? im alittle nervous

pops

yay :) good luck charlie, another hurdle jumped :) xxx

thanks caren, im hoping to go with my list and fingers crossed they say i can have the op.

thanks anna, the man on the phone was foreign so i didnt catch what he said but feel embarrassed to ring them back as when i rang i asked if i had got through to the right department and the woman went " well of course you have if im answering the phone"

Hi Charlie I went their its whyweight. You will go and get weighed and have to fill out questionnaires also get measured. Then about a couple of weeks after that you meet the people who teach your class and have a fitness test they also walk through the exercise you will be doing and book you in for the start of your course. It was on the first floor in the Physio department when I went for the classes. They are all lovely their and make you feel at ease. :) x x x

thanks suzie, can you tell me how long from the weight loss programme to the op it took you? ive been on orlistat for 6 months and caren said thats part of weight management so i hope that means i can go through abit quicker.

thanks caren, im hoping to go with my list and fingers crossed they say i can have the op.

thanks anna, the man on the phone was foreign so i didnt catch what he said but feel embarrassed to ring them back as when i rang i asked if i had got through to the right department and the woman went " well of course you have if im answering the phone"

Thats very good customer service I must say :eek: x x

Hi Charlie I was at weight management this time last year and finished it in jan. You can ask your GP to refer you now and you will have seminar when in weight management. It only takes around 2 months for seminar appointment to come through. It will loose you a couple of months wait. I have a date for 4th jan. So ruffly 14 months. It soon flys by as you have seminar, nurse, dietitian, surgeon, pharmacy, dietitian, and pre op appointments before the big day. Hope this helps and hehehe the man on the phone he is lovely but I nearly burst out laughing when he does the exercises with you he has no rhythm lol. :) x x x

i got the letter today. i was just being impatient. im going to go to the thursday night session as i work all day on a friday. im looking forward to it. im going to make an appointment with the doc for after the initial assessment and ask to be referred aswell

Back