• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLSG here to stay!

Yeah the newer name needs to be kept, WLS here to stay!!

I have seen wendy this morning as i went for a band fill, and yes understandably, she is upset, as rumours like this does affect their reputation, so i'm sure that if wendy does happen to read this thread she will feel happier that it has been made known to just be hearsay!

I met Wendy today and believed her to be a honest, decent and caring person. Before I even mentioned this forum and this thread she mentioned it first, totally putting my mind at rest, WLSG are not going bust, they are not being sued and they are actually doing very very well.

It seems someone out there holds a grudge and is stirring up trouble, worrying guys for no reason.

I intend to go with The WLSG and will be sending my cheque for my deposit in the week.

Hope this reassures you all

xxx

I have just got back from my band fill in London with Wendy. Like everyone else I was very worried about the rumours I had heard, and asked Wendy if there was any truth in them. She reassured me that they are what they are....just rumours.....WLSG is here to stay!! They are taking on more staff and expanding (pardon the pun lol). Am delighted to hear this :)

I'm glad this has been cleared up as lots of you were obviously very worried.

Rumours are very dangerous and this companies reputation could be caused serious damage if the rumours continue.

If you want the title of the thread changing the opening poster has to do it. Just go to the first post, click edit, go advanced and then you can change it there.

hi all
I was banded 3 months ago with THG and yes i will add my op was a great success and they were welcoming. The moment I had handed my money over they were not so interested in me so i decided to get an aftercare package with WLSG. I have been to them 3 times for fills and each time i am welcomed with open arms. Fills and de fills are expensive i believe that in this economy they are just doing the right thing to help patients out financially i mean every shop you go into is having a sale. I do not believe that they will be out of business they are far too busy and too nice to be going under. As for all the acquastions on here about being sued etc is there any proof and if so please let us all know.

I am very hapy with my aftercare there have een a few times that i have panicked about my band and i have called and they help me through just this weekend stress caused my band to tightened and Wendy (wlsg) immediatly said come down i will fit you in around my patients she knew how important it was for me to be seen.

In my opinion they are great i couldnt have choosen a better provider.

Louise

Hi Sue,

As said by previous people, you should do your own research and go with your gut instinct.

I will not say whom I booked my procedure with, but I found them to be just after my money and as soon as they had that I felt that I was left to my own devices (luckily my sister had had the procedure the earlier year so was a great help to me). I also took her advice in which after care to use, and as she had tried 3 with mixed results I settled on WLSG and have been exceptionally pleased with the service I have received and the care and understanding that they have shown. With them I feel that I am valued, not just for my money, but they want to help me achieve my weightloss goal for all the health benefits that it will bring.

I was upset to read the your thread about WLSG which seems to be an unsubstantiated rumour, and my immediate thought is that you are not considering surgery at all, rather that you are working for a different after care group. I hope that this is not the case and that you have just been naive to believe a rumour.

As I said before though, do the research, meet with a number of providers, and them make your decision.

Hi everyone

I posted this on another thread but so everyone gets a chance to read.......

After yesterdays rumour that WLS Group were being sued and potentially would not be around much longer I emailed Michelle Bowater their MD. She replied almost imediately and this morning I also recieved a text from Wendy who has not slept all night worrying about were this all came from.

The up shot is that Michelle and Wendy have stated that the rumour is untrue and they suspect it is sour grapes from a former employee who now works elsewhere. Please also be aware that the poster on here was only warning us of what she had heard.

The company is doing very well and has plans to expand over the next few years.

I hope this puts everyones minds at rest, Michelle could not post on here herself so I hope you all dont mind hearing from me!

:D

I have merged the thread the above post was on, onto this thread as it is part of the one conversation.

I hope Mazza's post helps put your mind at ease.

Love Mini xxx

I have merged the thread the above post was on, onto this thread as it is part of the one conversation.

I hope Mazza's post helps put your mind at ease.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini, hopefully everyone will see this now and their minds can be put at rest! x

Thank you all so much - I have now changed the name of the thread! - phew... it was quite controversial! ;-)

I have an appointment with the GP on Friday to see if I qualify for a referal - but to be honest, I am not sure I want to wait around for the NHS, so am seriously thinking about Private care.
I have now looked at WLSG - and have to admit, they look a pretty good option - and they obviously have lots of satisfied customers - and they too carry out the procedure in Kent.
xxx Thanks guys, please keep up the good work! xxx

Back