• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Woman in mail talking about wanting to loose 2 stone of excess skin 11/3/2014

:mad: Have you read some of the comments!:mad:
So cross , my blood is boiling - people who have no understanding of obesity just putting prejudiced comments. I have joined and added a comment, if anyone else is so inclined then I would encourage you to do so. It is very one sided at the moment, we could do with more comments from people who actually know what they are talking about!

These people who post comments will never understand what it may be like for those who have excess skin after having WLS.
that's why in part I didn't read the comments at the end of this tale.

Last edited:
I tend to avoid articles in the Daily Mail as the paper is very anti-weight loss surgery and will often put in little comments to 'steer' readers to be as negative as they are.

Apologies to any Daily Mail readers but on the whole, the people who comment online are quite nasty and prejudiced slime balls !

I have read the article elsewhere and I really do feel for her. Even though many areas do state that reconstructive surgery won't be an option, I don't think it is possible to realise how much of a problem this may be until the weight starts to come off.

didnt read comments but she might be right about postcode lottery i know someone who has lost 20 stone after bypass and is getting tummy legs arms all done on nhs only thing they have to pay for is boobs i think anyone who loses say over 15 stone for example should be offered skin removal

Just read this and it is shocking what people have written in the comments. A total lack of understanding and compassion.

Back