• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm half the woman I used to be:

Kevin1708

Century Club
I'm half the woman I used to be: How 27-year-old lost 14st after gastric bypass... and she's still shrinking
By Daily Mail Reporter 28th April 2011

A woman has lost more than half her body weight just two years after undergoing a gastric bypass.

Natalie Rowe, from Rugeley, in Staffordshire, weighed a staggering 24st 2lb before the life-changing surgery.

She initially lost a stone straight after the operation, with the pounds dropping off gradually after that.

Slimmed down: Natalie Rowe weighed a staggering 24st 2lb before she had a gastric bypass. She now wants plastic surgery to remove excess folds of skin.

Miss Rowe now tips the scales at just 9st 12lb - having lost 14st 4lb so far.

The 27-year old, who has battled with her weight since childhood said: 'My weight loss has only just started to slow down, I was actually getting a bit worried about getting too thin.

'It was a bit of shock the day after the op as I was still big and I had a big scar across my stomach. The first stone came off quickly and then it was six to seven pounds each week.

'The surgeon said it would continue to fall off in the 18 months after the operation. I am happy with the way I am now and don't want to lose any more. I'm a comfortable size ten.'

But the dramatic change in her size has left the petite 5ft 4ins customer sales representative with excess skin.

She is now waiting to be referred to a plastic surgeon when her weight levels out to remove it.

Natalie, who lives with her boyfriend Matthew, has backed a study recommending the procedure as a way of controlling weight and reducing the longer-term costs to the care system.

'I went to the doctors on many occasions to get help and tried many different weight management plans,' she said.

'I was initially referred for a gastric band but the consultant in Birmingham said that, based on what I had told him, it wasn't suitable because I had a sweet tooth. Then I was referred to Walsall about another option, the gastric bypass.

'When I was thinking about having the surgery I talked to a lot of people online and many said it had really helped their health problems and, in some cases, their diabetes had gone.

'For me it was health issues and starting a family, but surprisingly I didn't suffer with high cholesterol and blood pressure.

'I feel great now, I have much more energy. It has really changed my life.'

Read more and Mail reader’s comments (some good some not so good!): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1381138/Weight-loss-Woman-27-loses-14st-4lbs--shes-shrinking.html#ixzz1KoNefoha

Last edited:
It's lovely to see some good press for a change, Karen x

Great article and huge achievement!
I can't read the comments on these types of articles. It's too infuriating and makes me upset. So I just don't read them anymore ;-)

Blimey Kev!!:eek:
That title threw me for a minute when I saw the thread was by you.:rolleyes:
Thought there was something you wasn't telling us.:flirt2:
:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Back