• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Woman starves to death after weight-loss surgery

Aww thats a really sad story, it brings it home what a massive operation with considerable side-effects the bypass is. We all get told of the risks, which thankfully are relatively small but never really think it will happen! My thoughts are with the family (HUG) XX

Terribly sad case and so harrowing for the family and I'm so sorry about this... God Bless Her.

It's rare to read these types of stories, it brings home the magnitude of what we have had done with some wls interventions...

Wishing everyone good health and all the very best of everything xxx

SadFace.jpg

It always saddens me at some of the comments WLS stories always bring out from some people
they have obviously never learnt the saying "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

So sad really feel for her family and little girl. Life is so un kind at times.

scary as well, could something go wrong with any of us months or years after the operation!

Heartbreaking. I am horrifed at some of the comments made too. x

Very sad, the poor lass. Poor little girl and family too.
It's very scary too.

What a sad story, but it does beg the question how she got so bad without the docs picking up there was a problem with her food intake etc.

As for the ignorant comments unfortunately too many people feel they have the right to judge others but how many of them are smokers/drinkers etc which also put a strain on the nhs but obviously thats their right!!

Some people make me so mad with their selfishness

My thoughts are with this poor womans family xx

Very sad.

And some of the comments - well just to be expected I suppose.

Just heard of the passing of a friend from another forum - BUT I have no idea if this was WLS related or not - even though this person overshot their target and had had a Petersens hernia.

We all know the risks - but for some of us WLS is a life-saver - and as the surgery is relativley new - no-one knows the real long term outcomes.

xxx

so sad, my thoughts are with her family and her little one ... and people say the WLS is the easy option....CLEARLY NOT...for me....it is the last resort

Very sad.

And some of the comments - well just to be expected I suppose.

Just heard of the passing of a friend from another forum - BUT I have no idea if this was WLS related or not - even though this person overshot their target and had had a Petersens hernia.

We all know the risks - but for some of us WLS is a life-saver - and as the surgery is relativley new - no-one knows the real long term outcomes.

xxx

What's a Petersens hernia Angie?

It is so very sad. I haven't read the comments and I don't think I will.
All surgery has complications/goes wrong from time to time though. It could as easily happen with any major surgery. We take the risk....because for many of us, not taking the risk is such a terrible option.
My heart goes out to the family. I know how terrified mine were when my complications arose.
I'd still have it again though.

Tragic! I have a 7 year old and the thought of leaving her without a mother terrifies me. That poor little girl x

This is very sad.

Back