• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Miss Tickles New Goal for 2013

Miss Tickle

Well, having reached my original goal of a healthy BMI , wearing size 12's and 14's and having thought I was satisfied and needed to maintain, I've changed my mind. I had some underwear photos taken and have lots of loose skin ( which ain't going anywhere) but can clearly see I am still fat . My tummy has lots of the stuff, my back is plump and my thighs are a bit buxom too.
So, I've decided to try and shift a little bit more before my second surgaversary in July 2013.

I think I'm going to try for 153lbs (10 stone 13 lbs) which would give me a BMI of 22. I don't think this will be too thin having seen Josie wotsit of TOWIE. She is my height and now weighs 10 stone. I think she looks just right. I'm giving myself a generous 13lbs allowance for excess skin and being old !
So I'll weigh in here now and again to monitor my progress-and beg for advice and chat too.
REALLY going to buckle down now. No chocolate till Friday
xx
13.1.2013: 168lbs- - 0lbs lost - 15lbs to go.

I think so much of this is about being at a point where YOU feel happy. Often the numbers and things don't actually give us that . . .good luck to you for your mini goal . . .and hope that you have a treat in mind for when you reach it :)

good luck honey xxx and yes it's how you feel yourself my loose skin is getting on my nerves my legs look like Norah batty.s tights my tummy looks like a deflated balloon and with 16 scars bloody horrible I've not really got any fat left but my tummy still sticks out a bit (should've done exercises after babies ) xxx well I hope you manage to feel more satisfied xx

Good luck Hun, you'll get there I'm sure but remember if you're going to try & tone some of those wobbly bit muscle weighs more than fat so if you manage to tone your goal may not be reached as such because of swapping fat for muscle.
But having said that I do hope you reach your goal & are happy with your image once you get there. I think its a tough ask for our emotions to keep up with our physical changes & we need to allow our selves some leeway as we accept those changes to ourselves.

I managed not to have any chocolate last night but I did have 4 sugar free Werthers and 5 sugar free marshmallows.
I've been very good so far today and have done an exercise class.
My problem is that I can be good in the day but then start nibbling in the evening. If I am to lose more, and then maintain a healthy weight for the rest of my life I know there are three habits that I have to internalize and adopt forever:
1. Control portions- my bypass and the pouch rules have sorted this out for me
2. Exercise regularly. I do exercise but lately I haven't been consistent- work required.
3. Stop snacking, particularly late at night - this needs serious work !

Sort of glad it's not just me IYKWIM, but wouldn't wish it on anyone.
I have figured out that I am not hungry. In fact, I never feel hungry anymore ( since op) but I do suddenly feel empty and know I need to eat . This isn't what happens before I snack. So, it's head hunger and I need to get a grip lol !
I should have added a fourth thing I need to work on. Drinking !
Right now,I'm not hungry, not empty, am drinking a huge coffee- but thinking about food.
I so don't want to go there again
xx

I think most of us do the same honey xxx I don't really like chocolate but have been having a couple of digestive biscuits with my cup of tea in evening , we wouldn't have been as we were needing surgery if we could stop ourselves eating wrong things xxx our bodies have changed so fast our brain isn't there yet :)

Try adding a little extra milk to the coffee. You'll get more satisfaction. I agree though - its not about liking something it's the habit of eating.

I bought myself my 'Friday' treats. I got some things I hadn't tried before- Reese's Peanut Sticks and Reese's Nutalicious. Peanuts- good for protein right. Two treats for two Fridays.
Bought them on Thursday. Ate them on Thursday ! Actually, only ate the sticks. I didn't have my Friday chocolate though, so not a complete disaster. I am doing much better on the snacking front
xx

Well done you - I am also doing better. Sometimes just the act of deciding to try a bit harder is enough :)

I managed not to have any chocolate last night but I did have 4 sugar free Werthers and 5 sugar free marshmallows.
I've been very good so far today and have done an exercise class.
My problem is that I can be good in the day but then start nibbling in the evening. If I am to lose more, and then maintain a healthy weight for the rest of my life I know there are three habits that I have to internalize and adopt forever:
1. Control portions- my bypass and the pouch rules have sorted this out for me
2. Exercise regularly. I do exercise but lately I haven't been consistent- work required.
3. Stop snacking, particularly late at night - this needs serious work !

SNAP ON ALL 3 POINTS XX
:sigh:

Sounds like we are all doing tha same think tha cold wetaher has something to do with it. Why oh why is it we can eat crap and feel ok yet when we eat a meal we get restriction, well thats what happens to me. My head wants the crap i KNOW I am not hun gry but its shouting come n get me, if i really have to have it just try and have small amount. But problem is still have to have iyt cannot go without it, the thought if goin back to what I was is not enough to stop me for Gis sake why not its really peeing me off I shoukd be stronger but am not, really maddening xx

Fighting those demons & old habits is so hard we still fall into those traps thankfully less quantities but still there. Today we got up late so didn't eat until 11am now trying to play catch up eating enough protein before bedtime without trying to put to much in at one time but also without constantly eating.
Exercise what's that? I really need to get to grips with that of only to try & tone some of that excess flesh, doubt much will come from that but if I don't try it never will work will it.

I might be a lone voice in the wilderness, but having lost a lot of weight on my own without surgery a while ago, by being totally in control and never eating anything fattening, no chocolate, cake, biscuits etc..for 18 months...yes it worked but no I couldn't keep to it long term and when I cracked, I cracked wide open and put 2/3 of my lost weight back on again, ending up at 15 stone. This time, with my lovely sleeve to give me good restriction, I decided this is for life, not a quick fix, and I need something I can live with long term. And being deprived is not the way for me. So I have a little bit of what I fancy every day, chocolate too, and eat low fat/low carb and small quantities the rest of the time. I don't feel deprived and it has worked for me.

I know some people will say "but if I have one piece of chocolate (or as in my case, four small squares) I will lose the plot and eat the whole bar!" If you know you can't stop, then that's different. But I've found as long as I just take four squares, and put the rest of the bar firmly away, I'm happy with that amount. NB these ARE small squares, not the massive doorstep size squares that come with giant family sized bars.

I have been doing that all the way through my losing phase, it's not a new addition now I'm maintaining.

I certainly agree with you that we need treats and not to feel deprived Ruthie. However, since before Christmas my treats had become daily and I was aware I was starting to crave sweet things, and treating myself, more and more ! Now that I've decided I want to lose a few more pounds I'm going back to my weekly treat regime.
I think snacking or grazing is not good for bypassers and I've read many account of people putting a lot of weight back on because they snack. I have always snacked late evening but whilst it was berries and yogurt, or a crispbread I was definitely eating chocolate and biscuits instead- thus the reason for getting a grip now.
The irony is that this morning I suddenly weigh 4lbs heavier !

Back