• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Woohoo

daisydaye

I am now a post opper!! I had my op last wednesday and it was ok.

I have had a few problems trying to drink the amount I thought they wanted me to drink straight off but now I have talked to the dieticians I am fine and not bloated anymore.

I am loving having smoothies (just frozen fruit and milk, blended) and smooth soup, not loving slimfast though so if there is any alternative that is nicer then please let me know!!

I hope you all have good journeys

Emma xx

woohoo congratulations Emma, good luck honey :) xxx

well done hun im 8 weeks post opp now and its great just make sure to take everything the hospital gave u to take and u will be fine it is hard to drink all the water they want u to drink and even now i still aint doing it but im trying my hardest i find it easyer to drink warm drink instead of cold so maybe try that hun x

boots alternative to slim fast Is apparently the nicest xx

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the losers bench x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

Don't know bout everyone else but when I came home after my op my days were spent eating slowly and drinking sips round the clock it was difficult to fit anything else in. Even when I got back to work had to stop and eat when I needed to and keep drinking bit akward round teenage school kids. When I wasn't eating or drinking was walking or sleeping. Was a busy period. Did any one else find it like that??

Instead of slim fast have you tried making 'double-milk'? Add 1-2 tablespoons of skimmed milk powder to a mug or glass of 'normal' milk. It increases the protein. I don't like it cold but it is great to make a milky coffee or cocoa. Congrats on your op, and welcome to the losers bench:)

thanks for all of your replies. I have spoken to the hospital again and I am ok to take milky coffee with added milk powder instead of slimfast so I am doing that. I am as I said using smoothies as well also with added milk powder.

Emma xx

Don't know bout everyone else but when I came home after my op my days were spent eating slowly and drinking sips round the clock it was difficult to fit anything else in. Even when I got back to work had to stop and eat when I needed to and keep drinking bit akward round teenage school kids. When I wasn't eating or drinking was walking or sleeping. Was a busy period. Did any one else find it like that??

yeah i was the same it was a nightmare plus having to take all the meds the hosp gave me it drove me mad all i was thinking was time to drink then wait 30 min the eat then wait 30 mins then have meds then wait it was non stop

Back