• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alternative drinks

charliegirl

Since my bypass I am struggling to find something nice to drink. I used to drink lots of tea and a year ago I stopped having milk in it although each night I would have a cup of hot milk before bed. Now I find I cant tolerate the tea with or without the milk, coffee gives me headaches so I have to avoid it and only really like proper coffee now and then. I have tried having warm milk and it tastes far too sweet. I am not a lover of smoothies but did get an apple, mango and banana one from Innocent which I enjoy the taste of but sends me running to the loo. Whilst I am ok on water its not brill. Obviously fresh fruit juices will upset my tum and send me running for the loo so what else can I have? Dont like sweet things like hot chocolate, horlicks or cocoa but would like to think I can have a hot drink....oh just had a thought what about fruit tea.....now there is a thought...see you lot are wonderful....lol....xx:8855:

Occasionally I have the flavoured water which is quite nice if you don't like water like me! Otherwise I just drink diet coke, de-fizzed with one of those mini blenders which works a treat.
Don't know what to suggest regarding hot drinks though as only really like coffee, teh fruit teas are a bit 'bitter' tasting to me?...

I drink Twinings 'A Moment of Calm' herbal tea selection, they smell & taste lovely. Also I use Twinings Chai Spiced Tea. I am not to keen on the sweet drinks like hot choc etc. I also add some powdered skim milk to my tea as well as my cold milk to give it extra protein.

I have also heard good things about unsweetened soy milk as an altenative to milk. NO personal expereince tho...

I am drink fresh apple and orange juice. I measure out 100mls and then add some water to increase my liquid intake.

How about a cup a soup? My dietition said not to include them as part of my diet as they offer little in the way of nutrition but they're OK to boost liquid intake.

Might try the watering down of the juice sounds good idea, not sure about the cup a soups just yet lol...tried a fruit tea I had in Redbush and vanilla would of been nice without the vanilla lol...need to go shopping me thinks...xx

I live off extra light ribena and robinsons NAS orange barley.

Fruit tea's r lovely,wot bout boveril or oxo cubes wi alittle pepper ..boveril cubes taste beta than the jars,,can av cupa soup,hot water wi lemon juice..:) :)

not often, pregnancy put me off both many years ago. Have the occasional coffee now and only like instant tea.

can u drink bovril or oxo ?

what about them 10cal cuppa soups, them really watery ones?

I popped to morrisons to look at their fruit teas and got two nice packs, just had pomegrante and plum which was very nice will let you know how it goes...xx

Back