• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

World gone mad??? or just me....

callysplace

Sorry I know this aint about weight loss surgery but Im bewildered at the treatment my seven year old daughter recieved at a pub (a well known chain) earlier this afternoon. Grace was asked to leave, her crime I hear you cry???? She was wearing a high school musical top...that had a hood on the back.

Hoodies are not allowed in this pub the manager told her and then told her she must leave, as you can imagine one upset little girl who felt she has done something very very wrong.

Sorry is it just me or is this country coming to a complete mental break down??

Im off now to phone Tescos and Disney to inform them that they are responsible for designing and selling offensive clothing for young children!!

Thats totally absurd! take her photo wearing it and send it to the head office demanding an appology its just not flaming good enough:eek::eek::eek:

I agree the world has gone mad!

Your daughter should not have been treated like a second class citizen simply because she wore a targeted article of clothing.

Hoodies have such a bad rap, simply because a lot of young people wear them!

Targetting such a popular young persons item of clothing will just increase the divide and division between society and our young people. It is unfortunate that your daughter had to experiance such exterme prejudice at such a young age!

How absolutely ridiculous! Id complain about the manager...surely his discression should be used, and to upset a 7 year old child like that is absolutely disgraceful! Hope she's ok x x

That is totally ridiculous, I could understand if she was a six foot scag head, but not a little girl. The world truely has gone mad.

Thank you, I feel a bit better that its not just me who feels the same way!

It is total madness, Im trying my hardest to find the web site or contact number for the head office for the pub chain (sizzlers) but its harder than it seems!

The women who informed us that we were not allowed in was the deputy manager, I will be making a phone call to the pub but only when the organ grinder is there and not the monkey!

Will be tempted to forward on some of these replys to the head office if I can ever find an email for them!

thats total madness ! id go to the local paper and get the press to take a pic of your little girl in her top infront of that pub ! show them up and they will loose buisiness, they should be ashamed of them selves.

If you have no luck getting a phone number I would give the pub you visited a ring and ask for the head office phone number

How ridiculous ..... I wonder if they would throw me out? My NHS uniform jumper has a hood on it.......

Crazy! x

OMG unbelievable.

Thank you Carole, just spent an interesting twenty minutes writing an email to the head office and their publibity department, took peoples advice and taken a photo of Grace and Im now looking into contacting some of our local papers tomorrow, the more I think about it the angrier I get!

Think I will walk into the pub later and see if a coat also qualifies as a "hoodie" well it does sport a hood!

I agree this is ridiculous I wear tops with hoods where will they draw the line.....let us know how you get on I hope you get an apology....there is a massive difference between yobs wearing hoodies and other people and we should not be discriminated against for choosing a top that supports a hood....xx

Hi Caroline, this is appalling and I really feel for your daughter. Discretion is the key word here and I thought in this business where children are allowed to dine discretion should be at the top of the list. Never in a million years is this so called deputy manager able to do her job. At the end of the day by not using her discretion she has lost the company a lot of money.Not only did she lose them the money you would have spent today, but also money that you will not spend in there ever again thus leads to freinds and family not going there and freinds and family of theirs. Its like a chain reaction.I was in this business for over 20yrs and you have been disrespected.Get in touch and tell them how much this silly b*tch has cost them and you will get an apology.Give grace a hug from all on minis. xx Gaynor xx

Sorry I know this aint about weight loss surgery but Im bewildered at the treatment my seven year old daughter recieved at a pub (a well known chain) earlier this afternoon. Grace was asked to leave, her crime I hear you cry???? She was wearing a high school musical top...that had a hood on the back.

Hoodies are not allowed in this pub the manager told her and then told her she must leave, as you can imagine one upset little girl who felt she has done something very very wrong.

Sorry is it just me or is this country coming to a complete mental break down??

Im off now to phone Tescos and Disney to inform them that they are responsible for designing and selling offensive clothing for young children!!

O for pity's sake! Was she toting a handgun and forcing access to the Jelly Bean machine?

yup, the world is mad!
Once, when I was wearing a hoodie, my friend told me in England there is some law or something about this. think she told me not to go into a shop with the hood covering my head or something. Was really surprised there. But I guess it can be scary, when SOME youngsters do just that. But surely, your daughter cant be scary.lol what a silly judgement

Hi Caroline

I cannot believe what happened to your daughter that is unbelieveable bless her,i agree with you on taking it to the papers but i would be ringing Hallam Fm and Trax Fm tomorrow and tell them,i did it some yrs ago and the papers picked up on it after hearing it on there,mine was regarding the RAC.
Take it as far as you can,good luck

Di
xxxx

Back