• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it me........or are you getting fat, you look really round?

I am sick to death of peoples insensitive comments and actions.

I have a mirror and been weighed constantly over the last few months, so I am aware my weight has increased. However, I did not ask you whether you feel I have gained weight.

Twice this month, someone has told me I'm getting fat. Not discreetly, loudly in front of lots of people. The upsetting thing was, neither are my close personal friends and one I don't even know her name.

People don't realise the struggle that comes with being over weight. At the moment I absolutely hate myself, it's a struggle to sleep, wake up, get dressed, leave the house, enter the work place etc. this is the heaviest I have EVER been, I'm in so much pain I can't sleep.

Saw my Dr today, first time in a while and she said you have gained, I can see it. She was very sensitive about the situation and we spoke about the process and the length of time until the next stage. She was reassuring, gave me pain killers and told me to stay strong.

Strong, is proving to be very hard at the moment. I just could cry at the drop of a hat. I think I'm frustrating my mum and my partner. He's been great, and tries so hard to get me out the house and gives me complements all the time. This doesn't help though as I feel awful within myself.

I hate colleagues looking at me, one comments EVERYDAY on what I'm eating for lunch. I know she means well, but I don't want to be on the spotlight everyday because today I don't want to eat a salad. I've asked her politely to stop, I don't feel I have to explain my medical history just to get some respect and peace at lunch time.

Then to top it all of, I still have 4 months before I even get to speak to the psychiatrist.

Sorry for ranting, I'm just totally fed up.

Some people are just plonkers ! I fail to understand how these fools dont realise the impact of ill chosen words once they say it , for them its in the past but for us it lingers in our mind we play it over in our minds or at least I do it becomes if you let it grind you down
like your gp said do try and be strong its that strength that will see you past these dipstick so called friends and the one whose name you dont even know !

Soo sorry that all sounds well crap to be honest :( it's awful I don't understand how people can be soo insensitive to people's feelings. Of course I have it constantly too! Never understood how ppl are just plain mean never been in my nature! Just don't let the comments and wait get you down and set you back....Think of the goal. I kno I been there I was first referred 2010 but always failed to lose weight in my depressive state. Got re - referred 5 stone heavier, this year and op in a few weeks x

Some people are just plonkers ! I fail to understand how these fools dont realise the impact of ill chosen words once they say it , for them its in the past but for us it lingers in our mind we play it over in our minds or at least I do it becomes if you let it grind you down
like your gp said do try and be strong its that strength that will see you past these dipstick so called friends and the one whose name you dont even know !

Soo true Los I remember more bullying and loneliness due to weight from childhood aswell as recent times. Still upsets me x

Keep trying to stay positive. When I was heavy people would make remarks about what I should or shouldn't eat and it really bothered me. Now that I have lost weight I get the opposite remarks about how can I only eat that little of food and think im starving myself and so forth. Surgery changes u for the better but mean people just stay mean they dont change and will make comments whether ur big or small.

Your so right! Ever since my wls people constantly ask me about how much or how little I eat and that I must be straving all day! I show them my little pot of food and the horror on their faces makes me laugh !

Soo sorry that all sounds well crap to be honest :( it's awful I don't understand how people can be soo insensitive to people's feelings. Of course I have it constantly too! Never understood how ppl are just plain mean never been in my nature! Just don't let the comments and wait get you down and set you back....Think of the goal. I kno I been there I was first referred 2010 but always failed to lose weight in my depressive state. Got re - referred 5 stone heavier, this year and op in a few weeks x

I tell you, it surprises me. I never tell people they are fat etc....

I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, so I shall remain positive.

Good luck on your journey, keep me posted xx

Keep trying to stay positive. When I was heavy people would make remarks about what I should or shouldn't eat and it really bothered me. Now that I have lost weight I get the opposite remarks about how can I only eat that little of food and think im starving myself and so forth. Surgery changes u for the better but mean people just stay mean they dont change and will make comments whether ur big or small.

Very true, what surgery did you have and when?

Your so right! Ever since my wls people constantly ask me about how much or how little I eat and that I must be straving all day! I show them my little pot of food and the horror on their faces makes me laugh !

In my office I can se us going from one extreme to the other, lol

Your so right! Ever since my wls people constantly ask me about how much or how little I eat and that I must be straving all day! I show them my little pot of food and the horror on their faces makes me laugh ![/QUOTE

I was thinking of this very same thing today. Today I switched to a calorie counted food diet instead of doing my normal shakes, on my lunch break at work I was seen eating a salad by someone on my team. As soon as I was back at my desk I got 101 questions about what I had eaten and whether I should be eating it etc. I had to explain I had switched diets, which in all honesty was non of her business as told her as much after I felt myself explaining my eating habits to a office gossip.

We need to stay strong and tell people to mind there own business when they interfere and start hurting feelings, easier said than done, but I'm sure once said they won't be asking or commenting again.

People used to say to me when I was at my biggest, wow Lindsey your looking well it was hurtful at the time but then thought. Hang in there and stay strong. You have something to look forward to and one day you WILL be thinner also ignore all those people that open their mouths before thinking.

I'm sorry I really hate it when your having an off day and people can tell. Now this off day could be down to a row with your hubby or boyfriend, work related or anything but yet this twig sized person (always the skinny ones!) comes over and says "wow have you lost weight?" Yet I'm thinking "Come on really?" Now we both know I haven't I've prob gained yet your saying this because you think it's the only thing I want to hear? That it's going to make me happy? Or are you saying it in a way to stick the knife in? Or would you like to know my weight? Well actually how about you stop judging my weight everytime I meet you and compliment me on my hair or my personality or just say how are you? Rant over xx

People used to say to me when I was at my biggest, wow Lindsey your looking well it was hurtful at the time but then thought. Hang in there and stay strong. You have something to look forward to and one day you WILL be thinner also ignore all those people that open their mouths before thinking.

Thanks hun, march seems soooo far away. I'm still got to pretend I'm ok and pretend to be confident, when in actuality I want to stay in bed all day.

Ahhh well, my time will come

I'm sorry I really hate it when your having an off day and people can tell. Now this off day could be down to a row with your hubby or boyfriend, work related or anything but yet this twig sized person (always the skinny ones!) comes over and says "wow have you lost weight?" Yet I'm thinking "Come on really?" Now we both know I haven't I've prob gained yet your saying this because you think it's the only thing I want to hear? That it's going to make me happy? Or are you saying it in a way to stick the knife in? Or would you like to know my weight? Well actually how about you stop judging my weight everytime I meet you and compliment me on my hair or my personality or just say how are you? Rant over xx

EXACTLY, thoughtless people. It's so upsetting

That was one good rant!! :) so true :)

Back