• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

World gone mad??? or just me....

thanks all, Grace is ok still a bit choked that she missed out on her treat but a bit of easter egg sorted it out.

Agree about the jobsworth, would love to know who sat around in a meeting and made this company policy they need shooting.

thanks all, Grace is ok still a bit choked that she missed out on her treat but a bit of easter egg sorted it out.

Agree about the jobsworth, would love to know who sat around in a meeting and made this company policy they need shooting.

I'd write a letter of complaint and ask how they can justify banning a seven year old girl

Definitely get the local press involved, this is an outrage and a disgrace.

Hopefully some hack will pass it to a national paper...this highlights so much that is wrong in our society and how far political correctness goes. I have seen in some pubs signs that hoods should not be kept up but to storm trooper a kid for wearing one...madness, total madness.

I hope your daughter is ok, she did not deserve that one bit.

Definitely get the local press involved, this is an outrage and a disgrace.

Hopefully some hack will pass it to a national paper...this highlights so much that is wrong in our society and how far political correctness goes. I have seen in some pubs signs that hoods should not be kept up but to storm trooper a kid for wearing one...madness, total madness.

I hope your daughter is ok, she did not deserve that one bit.

Bang on the money!

I believe this highlights just how far our society has come when they have to stop people from entering their premises simply because they wear a hooded top.

However, if you ban so called stereotyped 'yobs' from entering an establishment wearing a hoody you should not let anyone wearing a hoody into the establishment. This is by no means justifying what they did to your daughter (as I believe it was disgraceful) it just highlights how silly and discriminating this rule is to begin with!

I can understand asking people to not wear the hoods as I can see some people might find this a bit threatening (sadly) but not to be able to even wear one is just plain ridiculous.

Just curious, why is it that you find a 19yr old wearing a hoody 'threatened' whilst a 7yr old is not?

Is it not more that we have a general consensus surrounding our young people that they are scary and intimidating?

If you walked into an establishment and saw a 19yr old who was making you feel 'threatened'; would it honestly matter if they were wearing a hoody or not?

(I just re-read this and it sounded so patronising! Sorry! Just to explain, this topic is quite close to my heart and I feel that young people are targetted in todays society and the 'hoody' is simply an extension of these negative assumptions - noone should be targetted simply because of the way they look, whether it be clothing, skin colour or age!)

I don't .... which is why I said 'some people' and 'sadly'. However I can see that with the unfortunate stereotyping etc 'some people' - I don't know - possibly the elderly???? MIGHT find it threatening - whereas I fail to see how anyone could feel threatened by a 7 yr old - whatever they were wearing.

Just trying to see everyone's point of view. x

Last edited:
Back