• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Would You Go Abroad By Yourself

well done on going alone, i too am looking at cosmetic bliss. any info would be so appreciated. hugs.

Feel free to pm me any info you want, im always happy to share :) xxxx

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck which ever way you decide to go x

Hi Gurlygirl

I went to prague to have a gastric wrap www.gastricwrap.com as it was cheaper than the uk...i was a tad nervous at going nut luckily my mum came with me and once i got to the clinic which was pristine clean and the staff were lovely.and i spoke to the surgeon who had all the time in the world i was 100% happy and confident.we also did alot of research on my surgeon.alls going well ive lost 21lbs in 4 weeks.xxx

Nope, no way! It's hard enough having major surgery 10 minutes from your home, you open your eyes after surgery, it's visiting time and you are scanning all the visitors waiting at the ward entrance, looking for the faces of loved ones......

The only time i showed any emotions was when i saw my hubby and the tears welled in my eyes... I was alive and i was very close to home.

Thousands of miles away from people who love me? Forget it... yeah £2000 is a hell of a saving. Or you could say it's a couple of weeks holiday in the sun with the family next year.... Perspective is a wonderful thing!!!!

Hi everyone, thank you so much for all your advice....I've made a decision (haha xfactor judge). I am having my op in the UK through the WLS Group !! I am so scared, exited, nervous...my op is booked for the 24 October :)

Hi everyone, thank you so much for all your advice....I've made a decision (haha xfactor judge). I am having my op in the UK through the WLS Group !! I am so scared, exited, nervous...my op is booked for the 24 October :)

:D Good luck hun!! xxxxx

leannecarrie said:
Hi Gurlygirl

I went to prague to have a gastric wrap www.gastricwrap.com as it was cheaper than the uk...i was a tad nervous at going nut luckily my mum came with me and once i got to the clinic which was pristine clean and the staff were lovely.and i spoke to the surgeon who had all the time in the world i was 100% happy and confident.we also did alot of research on my surgeon.alls going well ive lost 21lbs in 4 weeks.xxx

Jst come across this thread... Leanne how are u doing with the wrap almost 2 years in? X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I am having my surgery abroad through secret surgery both s surgery and cosmetic bliss have a first class reputation and would not put you any necessary risk the care you receive there is second to none and I'm glad I booked my wrap there as there is no way I could afford it here they have Facebook pages both of them and are happy to answer any question thrown at them each to there own I suppose good luck wat ever u choose :)

I went with Cosmetic Bliss to Czech on my own. Had a brilliant time! Couldn't recommend them enough xx

Do companies not offer to pair you up with other clients going for surgery abroad at sametime? .. It's worth asking if they can buddy you up with someone - a surgeon is a surgeon ... abroad in UK all the same. Just because you have surgery here in UK does not mean your surgeon is British, or your aftercare will be excellent.

My daughter had heart surgery and her 1st surgeon was Russian, the 2nd surgeon who operated the second time (to repair the mistakes the 1st one made) was Italian.

From my bypass my Surgeon was Chinese, and my aftercare was terrible! I had to constantly ring them to get my appointments, from the minute they had my money and I left the hospital the follow up service was really poor.

If my circumstances were different and I didn't have a disabled child I would have opted to save £4k and take my surgery abroad ... I just needed to be back caring for her within 2 days which overseas is not possible.

SaraM44 said:
Do companies not offer to pair you up with other clients going for surgery abroad at sametime? .. It's worth asking if they can buddy you up with someone - a surgeon is a surgeon ... abroad in UK all the same. Just because you have surgery here in UK does not mean your surgeon is British, or your aftercare will be excellent.

My daughter had heart surgery and her 1st surgeon was Russian, the 2nd surgeon who operated the second time (to repair the mistakes the 1st one made) was Italian.

From my bypass my Surgeon was Chinese, and my aftercare was terrible! I had to constantly ring them to get my appointments, from the minute they had my money and I left the hospital the follow up service was really poor.

If my circumstances were different and I didn't have a disabled child I would have opted to save £4k and take my surgery abroad ... I just needed to be back caring for her within 2 days which overseas is not possible.

I'm going with cosmetic bliss too... I fly on Saturday for the wrap.. I'm going with 4 others that I have become friendly with through their Facebook page... Heaps of support. Xx

I went to brno on my own and I'd never even been on a plane before or on a motorway journey and it was the best feeling I am proud of myself not only did I do something for my health I did something for my independence. I went with Bbc direct and was well look after from the moment I stepped off the plane to getting back on it. I did have a problem 1 week after returning and my surgeon was in touch within 24 hrs.

I'll second everything above! Xx

I would go abroad for surgery. I've had a friend go for plastic surgery with no problems but I decided not to for my bypass. I was worried about travelling home after an internal surgery especially if they had to do it open, just a personal feeling really. I know something I want after I've lost a certain amount of weight is a brachioplasty. My arms are terrible and last time I lost a lot of weight sagging was awful and I would go abroad for that but obviously after research.

I did mine in Qatar which was great. Buy I actually live here and it was its a nhs type hospital. Where I had to pay 1000 English towards it. Anyway had nearly a year to prepare and i'm happy so far. Downside there's no support group networks like the Uk. So i'm relying on this forum, my best friend at home who just had the sleeve a month after me in London and a few books recommended on the Internet to get more info. I never thought I'd have an operation abroad but I'm all for it as long as u have researched it well.

Back