• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

gweni

Hi everyone I have been reading the forum for a while now so much info.

I don't know if this is allowed or what forum to post this in. However I am thinking of private (various reasons I live in a backwards town in scotland and it would just be such a fight for funding) and I saw its cheaper to go abroad.

Now my mom and family all live across the pond I am here on my own however the mention of Abroad to my mom and all she could think of was some back alley doctor rusty scalpel. (no joke)

Can someone give me some recommendations for clinics abroad and if you ahve been there personally maybe some info? Or if someone tells me where I can search im going to let my mom logon too to read :)

Hi Gweni
I too live in Scotland so did not even ask about NHS funding.
I choose to go to Belgium for my surgery they arranged everything apart from the flights. They organised the pick up from and to airport, hotel for me and a friend, hospital a 2 min walk and all included in the cost.
The hospital and care was excellent.Dr Chris de Bruyne and his aftercare team (Bart & Frederick) were very approachable.
Well worth having a look at the reviews and video's

Good luck with your journey
Susan :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had 2 ops there, a big & I mean big tummy tuck, the overhang I had was huge. Followed by a breast reduction and again they removed a lot. But I am so happy with the work they did, my scars are barely noticeable, I had no issues after.

And I fly today ready for my balloon to go in tomorrow.

[QUOTE="bellini;2779094" I have had 2 ops there, a big & I mean big tummy tuck, the overhang I had was huge. Followed by a breast reduction and again they removed a lot. But I am so happy with the work they did, my scars are barely noticeable, I had no issues after. And I fly today ready for my balloon to go in tomorrow.[/QUOTE] hi belini all the best my dear with your surgery. I pray all goes well. Let us know how things go best wishes. X

Good Luck its the same surgery im looking for so I wait for your to return with baited breath :)

Good luck!!

Yes the Spatz 12 month balloon.

No, instead of giving you a Total All Inc price it is broken down. When I first went to them i went through a company in the UK where it was an all inclusive package but yet the costs where still there in one price instead of broken down, but I found it easier to deal direct with the clinic, I arrange my own flights to suit me, choose my own hotel, found a great taxi transfer company that I used on my last (2nd) visit & they are picking me up again tonight.

I can walk to the clinic in 5 min from the hotel in the morning, but I know Prague very well & am a confident traveller.

Using a 3rd party to do all the "work" on my behalf I found was not needed, I prefer to do it all myself. The first time with the other company involved if I had a question I had to go through them & then wait for them to get an answer back for me, now I deal direct, for example I had a question yesterday & I called them direct got the info I needed & they then sent an email putting in writing the answer so I had it for my file.

The best thing is for you to research all options & find the one that suits you best, it is brain numbing to do all the reading but worth it as you need to be 100% happy & comfortable with where you go. And i'm only in one night this time then I get to enjoy the city with the family for 3 day's before we head home, a mini holiday :)

I get a really good feeling from this place.

which company did you go through in the uk do you mind me asking?

PLEASE! NO LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES !!!!!

I'm sure in this day and age people are pretty adept at using google.

All links will be removed and if any more are posted, this thread will be closed.

I would suggest you research yourself.

Taking recommendations from a public forum is not really advisable.

Find out about all of the surgery options, read up on the surgeons who do the type of surgery you want to go for (success rates, deaths etc) then get contacting.

I would suggest you research yourself. Taking recommendations from a public forum is not really advisable. Find out about all of the surgery options, read up on the surgeons who do the type of surgery you want to go for (success rates, deaths etc) then get contacting.

I have to say I disagree, are we not all here to help, no one is insisting their place is the best of them all, but when researching it is important to get advice from people who have been.

I researched & was recommended about 6 places this then enabled me to go on and further research them individually getting all the facts & figures & then making my choice. So to those that gave me the names for my research I'm very grateful. Is it not better to have the support from the outset & helping one another.

No, instead of giving you a Total All Inc price it is broken down. When I first went to them i went through a company in the UK where it was an all inclusive package but yet the costs where still there in one price instead of broken down, but I found it easier to deal direct with the clinic, I arrange my own flights to suit me, choose my own hotel, found a great taxi transfer company that I used on my last (2nd) visit & they are picking me up again tonight.

I can walk to the clinic in 5 min from the hotel in the morning, but I know Prague very well & am a confident traveller.

Using a 3rd party to do all the "work" on my behalf I found was not needed, I prefer to do it all myself. The first time with the other company involved if I had a question I had to go through them & then wait for them to get an answer back for me, now I deal direct, for example I had a question yesterday & I called them direct got the info I needed & they then sent an email putting in writing the answer so I had it for my file.

The best thing is for you to research all options & find the one that suits you best, it is brain numbing to do all the reading but worth it as you need to be 100% happy & comfortable with where you go. And i'm only in one night this time then I get to enjoy the city with the family for 3 day's before we head home, a mini holiday :)
Good luck x x

I have to say I disagree, are we not all here to help, no one is insisting their place is the best of them all, but when researching it is important to get advice from people who have been.

I researched & was recommended about 6 places this then enabled me to go on and further research them individually getting all the facts & figures & then making my choice. So to those that gave me the names for my research I'm very grateful. Is it not better to have the support from the outset & helping one another.

Yes we are all here to offer mutual 'support' and as long as this is in line with the forum rules, everything is fine. This site is not to be used for research purposes.

Links to third party sites are also not permitted, hence my original post.

The original poster then asked if clinic names were allowed. I respectfully suggested that the OP did some research, which you stated you did prior to surgery too.

If you have any further questions re my posts, please PM them to me rather than posting on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back