• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wounds coming open

toll

Heya, had my op Monday and one of my wounds (the biggest) is opening up a bit. Think it might be from trying to get out of bed. It's not open enough to bleed but is it something I should worry about?x

I'd get it redressed to be on the safe side. It would be a nightmare if the wound was to get infected. Better to be safe than sorry ;)

Can you get it re-glued? :p
Well, my mum had the sleeve and I know that she had a real issue with one of her wounds not healing well. I think it was about 6 months for the hole to close!

I'd definitely get it seen to. I'm almost 3 weeks post op and one of mine still hasn't healed. It's been infected, which I've had antibiotics for and it's been made worse because I'm having reactions from the dressing which are pulling my skin off when I'm having to change them.
I'm feeling really sore today so I think I'll be back at my Dr tomorrow :cry:

toll said:
I'll go tomorrow. Do u still find it hard to move?x

I did for a while. I still have to be careful when I'm sleeping and bending, but I'm a lot better thanks I was. Just cautious!

Hi there. My port incision opened 2 days after op. Think I did it just standing up with it being on the muscle. The glue burst. My friend a nurse came and steri stripped it for me. I'm now over 3 weeks post op and still not fully healed. The end of the incision scabbed and when it fell off sunday night I have a hole at the end!

She packed it for 2 days and now its still a small hole but not red or infected. Just have to wait for it to heal.

If I was you I would see someone tomorrow to steri strip it asap. You don't want it starting to heal open or get infected.

I slept on side about 2 weeks post op!

toll said:
When did u manage to lie on ur side or stomach?

I'm still sleeping on my back with a tonne of pillows. Ive managed on my good side a couple of times but I move too much in my sleep and was aggrivating it.

i put a pillow under the back of my knees when I am on my back. Ok on good side now but did have a small cushion under side of belly when i laid on side. More of a comfort thing i think. I woke up with a bad back a few times not used to being on my back. I like to sleep on stomach but still haven't managed yet and I'm 3 weeks post op x

I can't wait to sleep on my stomach!!! Don't want to try I case I can't move after!!! I'll be trying pillows under my knees x

toll said:
That do u use the pillows for? If there is a tip for being comfy I want it!!!

I had mine behind my back stacked on a slope. Made it a bit like the hospital bed as I was comfy on that! It's stopped me from moving in my sleep which means it doesn't hurt as much! My back has been better in that position too, although the almost seated position of it does make my bum a little numb! Haha
I went to see my gp today and have been given really thick dressings which seems to support it a little, makes sitting upright at my desk more tolerable and will hopefully help at night.

Back