• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my date :D...need advice!

LuLuXo

I went to healthier weight today, they were really great and I'm going to have my op on the 12th of January with Professor Favretti. SO excited to join the losers bench! :D
Need a bit of advice though.... As a special deal they have offered me single incision surgery through the navel at £1000 cheaper, so it works out at the same price as standard surgery would be... Has anyone had this? It is apparently just as safe as the standard procedure and leaves no scars and has less chance of wounds getting infected... Just unsure as feel a bit icky imaginings belly button being cut open LOL.
Can anyone shed some light??

Thanks guys, so excited!

Lu x

Congratulations!! So excited for you!

I have heard of the procedure, but £1000 is a lot of money for the sake of 5 tiny scars, only having mine done 2 days ago and the largest is only 2cms!! I have stretch marks bigger than that!! X

Wow thats good! I think the only bander around who had this and still posts is tracyt, so hopefully she will see this.

My scars are still prominent even after 3 1/2 years but thats because I do scar / heal quickly.

I have had a number of through the navel ops and the scars left by them are by far the least noticeable.

I can't really say anymore than that really, Im glad everything went well with the appointment though xx

kalkatt said:
Congratulations!! So excited for you!

I have heard of the procedure, but £1000 is a lot of money for the sake of 5 tiny scars, only having mine done 2 days ago and the largest is only 2cms!! I have stretch marks bigger than that!! X

Nooo it's a special offer so having single incision works out the same price as the standard procedure... I wouldn't pay more to have it lol and thanks! I'm so excited too! How are you feeling? Xx

Hi hun,

When I went to HW this was something I originally looked into, but at the time because of my BMI and the fact that my surgery was already £7500 for my band, that I couldn't justify the extra for the SILS. However, you'd be in the hands of one of the top surgeons in the world dealing with this and I think if I'd been offered it at the same price, then I would have taken it.

My offer was in relation to 3 years post band "insurance" so is in place in case there's any probs.

Have you been given the details of the HW forum as yet? I think there are some people over there who may well have had SILS too, so you could not only get feedback on the surgery itself, but also from the provider who is providing you your surgery :)

Thanks Kat! It was so so good. I was worried that it would all be too scary when it became real but I just got more and more excited. They haven't given me the details yet but I suspect they will come by post soon! I saw the timer things but they didn't give me one... Ill just have to wait haha. I'm so happy! Xxx

Ah, try and get one as soon as you can, I didn't get mine until I had my first fill at 5 weeks, but it would have been handy to have right from the start for when you do actually begin eating :)

The info they send is very good, the book with the guidelines of what to eat, suggestions and how to break it down is quite detailed, if you stick to those it can really make the band work for and with you :)

I never even of heard going via the BB route - Well done on getting a date and wishing you all the best on what ever u decide BD x

I have had a different procedure (not wls) through my belly button its all fine looks no different they just glued when they were finished. Good Luck xx

Back