• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been to the doctor re:tummy bug

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hi all
Well, I went to see my new GP today, very nice man I must say. I had to see him to get my prescription sorted with changing surgeries and whilst I was there I asked him about my tummy problem. He asked about it, how often, am I able to get normal food and drinks in (I am, I just tried to starve the bug so far!) and said not to bother with the sachets, they are only really meant for people that CANT get any nutrition in, as I CAN eat and drink normally I should leave the sachets alone and just eat and drink as normal. I mentioned that I was trying to let the 'bug' come out of me when he asked how many immodium I have been taking each day and he said not to, it will come out either way so I should take the recommended dosage of immodium each day that I have the runs (up to 8 are recommended) and it will eventually work its way out. Regardless of immodium I have had the runs every night, so its coming out either way and I went through most of last night just allowing it to all happen and then eventually it stopped, my tummy was/is sore and a bit gurgly and windy, but no more poop, I got exhausted at 4am-ish and took one immodium instant to guarantee me some sleep, though all week when I have taken any it has taken 3 to stop it. So this morning I feel gassy and achey but ok. The doctors advice is that if it starts again I should eat and drink normally, take the pills and if its no better by Monday I am to go and see him again.
So there we have it, Ive tried starving it out, letting it run its course with pills and also just acting normally, nothing affected it, so its just a case of being patient and waiting for it to finish.
So there we have it.
Steph xx

Last edited:
oooo hope your feeling better soon sweetpea x

You've done all you can Steph - sounds like it's passing now so I hope you soon feel a lot better. x

Thanks guys xx
It will definately be nice once it has definately gone, sick of zooming back and to to the toilet lol
Steph xx

Just a random thought that flew through my brain - you've not developed a lactose intolerance have you? Especially with all the runs you've had.

My other thought = would some lactobacillus type capsules put the good bacteria back into your intestines to help overpower the baddies? Or live yoghurt if you can tolerate it - caps might be better cos you'll get more goodies in.

Hope it passes soon - moist loo paper for your sore bottom

Angela xx

Thanks guys xx
Angela...a few people on here have said that now and I THOUGHT Id done a day with no dairy but to be honest I dont think I did, I had a tiny bit of low fat spread, which is dairy. I am going to go without any dairy this weekend and see what happens, if it all stops then I will add the dairy back in for a day or two, if my tummy goes iffy again then I know that it could well be the dairy. My dad became lactose intolerant in his forties and is weird now, he can eat a bit of ice cream and a bit of cheese but pure milk or cream still upsets him, strange.
So yep, we'll see what the weekend brings.
Thanks again xx
Steph xx

when i had this i was treated for every thing under the sun including irritable bowel. it turned out to be a side effect of the fast tabs (it's listed under "possible side effects" on the information leaflet inside the box).

get well soon hunni i hope you will be feeling alot better by monday x

Back