• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WRAP - Frequently asked questions

Hi,

I just read about having stitches removed after the wrap.

When do the stitches get removed and how do we organise this with our GP if they don't know that we are haing the op or even if I tell them actually.

Stitches come out 7-9days after surgery, the practice nurse can do it for you which obviously means letting them know. You'd have to anyway as you need to give them your discharge note and get repeats of omeprazole. Honestly, its best to have them in the loop, but you can tell them after the event if you want!

Does anyone have any tips on how to get past a stall. I have been stuck for 3 weeks now. Im 7 weeks post op. Upped protein, upped fluids. Avg 800 calories a day. Very limited carbs, maybe 30g and about 70g protein (including a protein shake.) Im really getting depressed now as nothing seems to be happening. Has anyone else had a stall and what worked for you.

Tracey a stall at this point is very common, (I stalled for 3 weeks too)you just have to stick with it and eventually the sales will move again. Its the body getting used to the idea of losing! here is a great article on it;

Weight Loss Stall or Plateau

Just hang on, it'll be ok!

I'd like to know how bad the acid reflux is after surgery (right after, and a few months after). I'm scared I'll have to take antacid meds my whole life after surgery.

I'd like to know how bad the acid reflux is after surgery (right after, and a few months after). I'm scared I'll have to take antacid meds my whole life after surgery.

I've never had acid reflux before or after surgery. The antacid meds they give you are preventative only and should only be taken for about 6-8 weeks with the wrap. The only time I've been advised to take them again is if I need to take iboprufen for any length of time.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had awful acid reflux after surgery and it lasted about 5 days/nights (it was mainly at night when I lay down)

I am now 4 weeks in and I havent had an 'epsiode' for about 4 days, and it didnt last long, it just seemed to fizzle out and only comes back if I eat/drink too fast/too much, so it actually taught me to take more time and chew!! (All the things Id already been told to do of course!!)

xx

Back