• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ww or sw or whatever else is needed?!

JO28172

Just after second opinions...I ideally want to lose 1 more stone as a minimum but I'm not shifting...so before this gets me down I thought I perhaps need to review and change what I'm doing to get it going again? Anyone tried ww/sw etc to rid that lost of excess? If so how did it go?

Hi Jo

I was the same, as soon as I got to a BMI of 25 I stopped. That was my weight before I gained though so I have assumed thats where I should be!

The SW diet has changed a lot - they still do the old red and green days but there is a newer diet thats much better suited to a banders diet.

WW is good too but has IMHO become even more complicated!

My favourite is Rosemary Conley, calorie counting and under 5% fat - works for me.

I have tried to lose more but my body says no - I lose a bit by being over strcit then dont keep it off :eek: xx

Jo, do you think upping your calories a little might shake it up a bit. I am currently following a 1200 calorie, low fat plan as scales just weren't moving, along with exercising this seems to have got them shifting them. I know I'm not as far along as you and I'm a wrapper, but my calorie intake was obviously too low for me to lose and the increase seems to have helped me.

And you know what I do only have circa 800 cals a day...but it scares me upping the cals!!

Mazza, a friend just messaged me re sw too..it could be worth a shot

Just one more stone....that's all I'd like..! :)

Jo, do you think upping your calories a little might shake it up a bit. I am currently following a 1200 calorie, low fat plan as scales just weren't moving, I was already exercising too, but this seems to have got them shifting. I know I'm not as far along as you and I'm a wrapper, but my calorie intake was obviously too low for me to lose and the increase seems to have helped me.

I could always give it a go....top up on milky coffees perhaps that way it's extra protein too?! God it unnerves me!! :) x

Jo, I agree with the above. I think 800 cals has worked so far but now that you're nearly there your.body is thinking ..whoa..hang on...& has actually gone into starvation mode. I think you should try 1200 cals of high protein low carb low fat for a couple of weeks & see what happens before you spend money on a class. There is also a thing called 'the set point' where your body is happy at being that weight....sort of a pre-programmed weight done by your brain. That's what Mazza is at :) Personal targets & being a perfect weight could be being sabotaged by mother nature.. Xx are you speaking to your Dietician ?

MrsPill said:
Jo, I agree with the above. I think 800 cals has worked so far but now that you're nearly there your.body is thinking ..whoa..hang on...& has actually gone into starvation mode. I think you should try 1200 cals of high protein low carb low fat for a couple of weeks & see what happens before you spend money on a class. There is also a thing called 'the set point' where your body is happy at being that weight....sort of a pre-programmed weight done by your brain. That's what Mazza is at :) Personal targets & being a perfect weight could be being sabotaged by mother nature.. Xx are you speaking to your Dietician ?

I have been reading quite a lot about starvation mode this week. I have been c 1000 cals a day for the past couple of weeks which I know is too low ... Not my choice. Band felt tight. So I decided to give it a shock yesterday. Massive increase in carbs for a day. Enjoyed. No guilt whatsoever, and hopefully I will be back between 1200 and 1300 average for the week. I should be on a sts week this week if my last few months experience is anything to go by anyway.

I definitely think its worth a shot jo, considering mrs p's comments. Not an expert but I don't think 800 cals can give the body enough nutrition ... Good luck, and enjoy xxxxxxx

Nutrionist wants me not to panic nor change what I'm doing for a further 2 weeks just to see! I must admit even I'm starting to think body could be saying I'm happy at being just under 12 stone...gonna hold my nerve...(yikes)!! X

i only manage about 800 a day hardly ever get to 1000 , rosemary connelly does a little bit of exercise too at the end of the class sometimes zumba sometimes salsasize or just aerobic but it suits all ages so not too harsh :)

Just wanted to say that you have done ever so well - your photo really shows the difference between the preop photos in your album

Back