• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Xmas tree

pandora

finding my way again !
Have been thinking on & off all year that now I have a sideboard in my lounge rather than a shelving unit that I would put a 4ft tree on it rather than putting up my humongous 7ft one that almost overpower my lounge & takes over the room , taking a good few hrs to construct & decorate .
Not do sure now , really don't know which to go with :$

Bigger the better I say! :):)

Have been thinking on & off all year that now I have a sideboard in my lounge rather than a shelving unit that I would put a 4ft tree on it rather than putting up my humongous 7ft one that almost overpower my lounge & takes over the room , taking a good few hrs to construct & decorate .
Not do sure now , really don't know which to go with :$

Oooh, personal choice here babe :) I have a massive one I put in the hallway & just trim the living room with nice ornaments etc ... We did have one in the LR too but it is just overkill ... whatever you choose will look lovely & next year we can be the fairies on the top of our trees, lol xxx :D

Dunno about you Denise but I'm straight lol !
Seriously I live in a little mid terrace & my lounge is really the only place I can have my tree .
I used to decorate round the fire place with a Santa train & winter house ornaments but no longer have a fire place .

Dunno about you Denise but I'm straight lol !
Seriously I live in a little mid terrace & my lounge is really the only place I can have my tree .
I used to decorate round the fire place with a Santa train & winter house ornaments but no longer have a fire place .

Lol, I am a bit slow .. had to read this 3 times before I got the joke, doh ... gosh I think I am straight too, either that or a damn good actress ;)
I think then, in your house I would go for the 4' tree ... less over powering & chance of it getting knocked over ... always a consideration in ours with 4 littlies around. xxx :)

Well I am working it all , but don't think kids would allow me to to to Dave .
Is there no one you could be with ?

I love a big one lol but if you are short on space how about one of those lovely elegant tall slim ones, just to remind you how beautiful you are now. (bloody nora that sounds like it came from Cilla Blacks Blind Date lol)

I love a big one lol but if you are short on space how about one of those lovely elegant tall slim ones, just to remind you how beautiful you are now. (bloody nora that sounds like it came from Cilla Blacks Blind Date lol)

Ooooh Corny, Kate :( but lovely sentiment, honey xxx :)

When I bought the big tree , some 6 or 7 years ago , it was a displaced perception led me to buy it . I have 8 ft ceilings & a lovely bay window so thought it would be perfect & it is in some ways . It's a bit Marmite , love it or hate it . It has to be made branch by branch & so it doesn't intrude too much I only make the front part of the bottom half .
But I love it , just not the effort to make it lol

Mrs Quiggle said:
In which case its the big one this year , the slim one next year :)

Well Ive moved to a bungalow and my big tree used to go in the front room.I have a through lounge/dining room now and have bought a 6ft slim one to go in a corner.I will put my fave ornaments/lights on it and decorate the fireplace.I might get a beautiful poinsettia for the conservatory where the christmas cactus are all flowering!I always have forced hyacinths too for the wonderfull scent.Happy Christmas whatever you decide to do!

no pandora there is not

Don't really know what to say to you hunni ... no one should be alone at Christmas :(... where do you live? Maybe there is someone on here in the same boat ... why don't you open a thread asking if anyone would like to have Christmas day with you ... bet you would be inundated with replies xxx :sigh: :)

I live alone and am a miserable bugger so I dont put christmas decorations up.
I think that all the tatty cheap decorations in the shops etc cheapen christmas. I would rather celebrate it quietly giving pressies to family and friends. I'm not even making christmas dinner this year as I think I will be on my own.
Not sure yet but I like being on my own with my dog so I imagine I will just walk with him in the afternoon.
Lynne x

Back