• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

less than 2 weeks to clinical psychologist appointment at SRH

rachaelh

and i'm starting to stress again, i've been trying to put it all out of my head since my disappointment at my last meeting at srh and just been trying to knuckle down and shift as much of this flab as i can before i hit my usual brick wall and start putting back on again (the theory being if i lose way more than they ask, then put a stack back on hopefully the odds stay in my favour!) Now i'm concious of the fact that a week on saturday i have to go for a meeting i feel very unprepared for (in a sense that i dont really get the point of why i'm having to go in the first place comfort eater... pah!) and with my current run of luck is bound to throw a spanner in the works somewhere... now to top it off hubby who has been very supportive since the start now thinks that "as i'm doing so well with weight watchers" i should perhaps think about carrying on with that rather than take unnecessary risks with surgery AAAAAAAGGGGHHH! if he's thinking that what chance do i stand with the powers that be?! I've been on this road before, admittedly yes i am motivated to lose weight at the minute but only out of sheer terror that its all going back on again with extra bits as always has happened in the past

sorry i'm rambling but my head is all over the place again and now I think i probably need a shrink lol! :8855:

Morning sweetpea, so are they asking you to this appointment because your a comfort eater?....... hmmm i bet EVERYONE of us is guilty for this...... i hear where your coming from with your hubba saying to you, well your doing so well, so maybe reconsider surgery, my mum to has said this to me when i told her i lost a stone, it reallllly doesnt help hey! we have all thought about this long and hard and it is very annoying when family members come along and say things like that, easy for them hey when its not them with a weight problem (well thats in my case).... you know your self that surgery is your best option so when its next said just smile and say if you ve nothing positive to say then i dont want to hear it, as your not gonna change your mind about surgery so the comments will achieve nothing but causing you unnesscessary stress........im here with this problem to!!! even a very good friend last night when i told her was like, ooo no no no kel..... but very firmly i said i didnt want to hear it hahaha..... afterwards when your lovely and slim your family will think its the best thing, its just while we all face the unknown where the worry is

hope they start backing off a little and support your decision sweetpea

love meee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have done amazingly so far, Rachel!
Just see it as another step on the road towards your surgery. My husband expressed the fact that he had doubts about me having surgery on the morning of my op - he hadn't mentioned it before that. As long as you are clear in your mind about the fact that you want to go ahead with the surgery, that's what counts.
As far as the psychologist is concerned, have you thought about marshalling all your thoughts on paper? That often helps me prepare for important meetings and discussions.
Good luck!

Back