• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery tomorrow!

workbear

Hello there!

I haven't introduced myself before or been on here much but I am getting my Gastric Band tomorrow at Dolan Park!!!

I've kind of put off thinking about it too much but am feeling a little nervous now.

I'm trying to just approach this change as part of life rather than make a big deal about it being really different!

I keep thinking I don't know what to do post op but have read everything many times now!

Liquids for 2 weeks, soft mush for 2 weeks and then introduce foods into diet excluding bread, pasta, rice, steak and meat must be minced.

Get the band readjusted regularly and start exercising as soon as I am recovered.

Fizzy drinks and chewing gum not allowed.

Use a tea plate for food portions.

Don't drink for an hour before or after food or with food.

Take my chewable vitamins.

Have I missed something major? I am starting to worry that I have and I won't remember the rules!

It's funny as doing the pre op diet I almost start to wonder why I couldn't do it myself as have lost a stone and a half ... but I know it will go back on or I won't stick to it! I've been using food for comfort for too long!

I have 2 jars ready on my sideboard with marbles in, 1 for every kg I have to loose. It's nice that I already have some in the other side already!

I do feel motivated so why do I feel like I am not prepared enough?

Claire

Back