• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yakult / Actimel

There's another thread here about actimel > http://www.wlsurgery.com/wlsurgery/135219-wonder-actimel.html

I'm 9 days post-op, started drinking it 3 days ago. No more wind pains! (You can have a significant amount of wind pain the first days after surgery as they blow air in the area they work on). I wish I'd started earlier.

I think its just a coincidence that your wind pain stopped when it did,the air they pump in is absorbed by your body.

I don't think so.

There was a study apparently that having probiotics post-GB surgery also helped the patients lose weight faster. I'm just looking for the link.

Last edited:
Ok - found the link to the Journal. If you don't have Athens access, unfortunately you have to pay to read the articles. You can read the summary though:
SpringerLink - Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Volume 13, Number 7
(I love my uni alumni association. I still have access :D <3)

In addition to increased weight loss, The group who had probiotics also had a higher B12 vitamin level.

Now that is very interesting, as a needle phobic I'm especially pleased that the levels of B12 were increased - might lessen the need for jabs post-op ??

That would be good! So I'm guessing you're adding actimel to your daily menu now Angela? :p
There's a 0% variety which I'm taking at the moment - no fat and 3% sugar, so it's fine, and I haven't dumped on it or anything :)

I think thats a distinct possibility !!

Ive read it and its interesting but I still dont see how it could affect the air in and around your abdomen when it gets no where near it!

I've been taking Actimel ever since I started the pre-op diet.

Back