• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

diabetes

princess4d4

hi guys not sure if this is right place to post

a friend had wls 2 years ago in france where she lives she did have some complications in the first 2 weeks and was readmitted all was sorted and she has done great lost 14 stone but has now found out she maybe diabetic neither me nor her know anything about this and was wondering if anyone has been found to be diabetic post op and what effect it has had on them any help appreciated many thanks

Yes, you can still get diabetes if you've had WLS !

Tell your friend to go to her GP then she will get the treatment she needs.

she saw her gp who made the diagnosis after glucose tests but he seemed vague on treatments and effects so she left feeling confused

Hey princess. There are man treatments for diabetes, the first and most minor being diet and exercise (this tends to delay onset even by decades, but it's no cure) and obviously with your friend, who's probably already on a little diet and already exercising. The next treatment is metformin (tablet) that reduces the amount of new glucose your liver makes, to make the blood glucose level never as high. You then start looking at long acting/ short acting drugs and eventually insulin long down the line. At this point it's important to know what your friends blood glucose level was when tested and if the dr plans to retest... Lots of things can make your blood level go extremely high that would test different on a different day. As I'm sure you know, diabetes has massive consequences if not taken care of properly. The only real advice i can give is for them to go back to the doctor and ask what specific treatment they recommend! Hope this makes sense and I haven't waffled too much! Xx

Many** not man haha

Sorry for jumping in and hijacking your thread but I'm here laughing at the "man treatment" ! I was diagnosed with 1 point past the pre-diabetes into diabetes ( I hope that made sense!) and I'm now wondering if I can get the man treatment if it gets worse! :p

Man treatments are the way forward haha!

not waffling at all will pass the info on and thanks i also could use some man treatment hell does it work for other ailments lol

Back