• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yippeeee...folw on from light bulb moment!

'Ive had protein, and i'm full upppppp' (singy songy shout!)
Just made myself a small stir fry (well smallish!) with half a chicken breast, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, and a few mushrooms, onions and 2 tblsps of chowmein sauce...
FULL UP!!!!!!
I think i have sussed it!
xxx:party0011:

I hope sweetie....
its not easy though is it? Sometimes i think, im sure i thought it would be easier!!!
Hey ho....lets just all stick together and like you say, we'll get there!
xxxx

my weight hasn't changed much over the last month, and was discussing things with the dietician at my GP practice yesterday (diabetic clinic)...luckily she'd worked on a bariatric unit in the past and was so helpful (my wls provider has only given me 1 dietician call since May...I should have 1 each month)

I was telling her that I'd become too relient on easy food (potato has become a naughty food for me) and that I was finding it far more difficult than I'd ever imagined.

She suggested trying one new food per week, especially veg and try to build up steadily that way.

I told her that I feel really disappointed when I can't eat a meal, though these meals are probably the correct types (harder, crunchy food) and I often seek out easy foods just to get some calories in when I fail to eat what I was having in the first place....crikey, it sounds like a counselling session :eek:

anyway, I'm rambling :gen144:

yes, we'll get there...slow but sure :)

I am exactly the same!!!
Potato has been my friend for tooo long!!!!!!
As you say, its easy!
But all the advice on here says to keep away from slider foods...which potato obviously is.
Well im gonna try really hard this week to stick to protein and very little carbs...just to see how i go on. Defo fuller after my stirfry...mind u as i know i need a fill, i'm sure the full feeling wont stay for long, but at least i have stopped for the mo.
If i have a jkt Pot...i could easily eat 3!!!
xxxxxx Just bl**dy greediness on my part i think!:eating::doh:

I think we are all the same to be honest i'm still trying to get my head around this new concept of not being controlled by food and trying to find nice things to eat as i still feel my taste buds have completely altered. Glad you enjoyed your stir fry sounds yummy and glad you are full now as Yvonne says i'm sure we will all get there lol x

Hi Allie,
My tastebuds haven't really changed much, but i still suffer from cravings! I have terrible cravings for chocolate though, which is one thing i never really bothered about before op!
Not a good one as it just slides down doesn't it?
My hubby is a bless and bought me some lovely chocs from posh choccie shop. There are 6 in a pack..he got one pack and i have one a the weekend only....suck it to death (the chocolate!!! you naughty lot!)
and it gets me over the craving.....
Thing is i pray for Saturday nite to hurry round...:D

Aaaah scrunchimunchie - after a dreadful and difficult few weeks it sounds as if you are getting your head together again. It's been soooo hard for you but you're making progress. Brilliant. I hope you're in a better place now and ready to move forward. Great about the stir-fry. What are you going to try next? xx

yup, i have not felt hungry since i started eating more protien, great isnt it. my dietician told me to eat meat first then the veg and the carbs only if i was still hungry, well ive taken it a step further, eating more meat and leaving the carbs out.

Hi hun, thanks for the kind words....
Got a box of this Quinoa stuff sitting in front of me...
Not really giving me any inspiration yet, but apparently its full of protein...
I may have to change my name to 'proteinqueen' after this next week...heehee...
Any news on your op yet babe?

I've got my op on 7th October. Not long now. I remember that quinoa stuff. I bought a packet ages ago. It sat there and sat there.....until eventually I threw it away! But then, I wasn't really committed - it just seemed like a good idea at the time! Good luck with it and don't forget to tell us what you do with it. xx

Last edited:
I've just read your Light Bulb thread. That quinoa sounds lovely! Why did I throw it away? I love the cheese suggestion. When I tried it before I was trying to follow that madwoman's (Gillian McKeith) diet and, of course, she would never suggest anything as scrummy as cheese - or using sugar and milk to make it into a 'rice' pudding. I think I'm going to have to try again. xx

Hi ,
I have been told that again and again pre op by the surgeon and the follow up team 3 weeks of liquid 4 weeks of soft then 1/2 meal to be protein and 1/2 carbs veg and (fruit and veg).

Not to return to any liquid diet after fill in 8 wks in my case.

No rice/pasta/bread(warned about water with these 2 as they turn to a glue ) has put me right off already thinking of dough mixture yuk!

Also told to begin a month before to take multi vitamins and continue for 3 months as this is the time when we may lose a lot of vits,minerals etc.

No drinks 1/2 hour before a meal and no drink for nearly 2 hours after. This is to continue long term.

3 meals a day. with complex foods that are to be throughly chewed keep well away from slider food, meals must be completed within 30 mins and nothing till the next meal.

Know every body gets different advice but as many of you have said follow what your provider says, which i fully intend to do . Fingers crossed.
Stopping as soon as you feel upper chest restriction/tightness.

Just got a reminder call today re low fat diet now and plenty of fluids and do as much exercise as i can before surgery ........

This is until new habits are firmly in place

Back