• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Some Tips!

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I have been asked to post what I eat to give the newbies / strugglers or anyone interested some ideas. Well they work for me, so here are my rules, followed by some food ideas - its a long one, feel free to ignore / digest at your will:

Rule 1 - 3 small meals a day, dont comsume more than 2 snacks a day.

Rule 2 - Chose solid, dry or textured food which is low fat/sugar.

Rule 3 - Protein first and chew, chew and chew. Veg next, then and only if you do not feel full, carbs.

Rule 4 - STOP as soon as you feel full, leave whats on your plate - then dont serve so much next time if you dont like waste. Dont eat that last bit just because you can! If you feel your portion sizes are increasing it may not mean a fill is needed - you could be pushing your band with quantity or type of food.

Rule 5 - Alcohol in moderation (yes thats right banders are ALLOWED alcohol) be aware of the calories. Think spirit and slimline (50 cals) rather than large wine (175 - 250 cals). Add ice to take away the fizz. Avoid fizz if you have been advised to or if it causes discomfort.

Rule 6 - Aim for 1 1/2 litres of low cal fluids. Limit fruit juices which are full of sugar.

Rule 7 - Dont eat and drink at the same time, the lquid will wash the food through.

Rule 8 - Move! walk, swim whatever you can but try and be more active.

Rule 9 - Don't skip meals.

Rule 10 - There isn't one :D

Food ideas:

Breakfast:

Good choices: 3-4 melba toast with low fat soft cheese.
Cereal size bowl of chopped fruit, with yoghurt (low fat).
1-2 eggs boiled or scrambled, with mushrooms or maybe tinned tomatoes.
On the move - a protein shake or slim fast

Not to often cereals, muesli, beans and toast - more carbs / calories.

Try and avoid - fried breakfast, sugar coated cereals, fresh bread, pastries.

Lunch:

Good choices: 3-4 ryvita type crackers topped with protein ie ham, trukey or low fat soft cheese. Plus a side salad.
2 egg omelet with your choice of protein plus a salad.
Protein ie chicken breast chopped into a large salad - low fat dressing. Or a veg stir fry.
Grilled or baked fish - tuna, prawns whatever takes your fancy with a salad.

On occasion - beans, pitta bread, jacket potato, cous cous.

Try and avoid - bread, rolls, sandwiches, bagesl etc. Full fat hard cheese, soup, rice, pasta or noodles.

Evening meal:

As lunch really but sometimes have a ready meal, low fat of course.

Limit - Sauce based dishes, shepherds pie, fish pie etc. Potato's.

Try to avoid - as lunch. Plus the ready meal has no rice or pasta.
Chips - booooo
Fast food.

Snacks - x 2 maximum and only if needed.

Good - fruit, melon, pears, strawberries - I cant manage apples :eek:. Crudites with some low fat humous - no raw carrot for me though :eek:. Low fat youghurt.

Occasionally sweet things - banana's, chocolaty low fat puddings. Savoury things - snack a jacks, french fries.

Move away from - biscuits, higher fat crisps, sweets - etc, etc :sigh:

Hope this helps some of you ;) x x x

Last edited:

BandyEmm

thankyou hun xx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
No problem ladies, you are very welcome but I must stress these are just my rules and ideas adapted by advice given to me.

If your advice differs - please stick to that x x

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
Great thread Maz x

Big an Bouncy

Great thread lays a days eating out in easy to digest way,thanks gives me a good common sense idea of what you can and cant eat.

BlueDiamond

Hope this is the right thread tranquil wanted me too post my daily menu on . soz if its wrong LoL

This is what I had yesterday...........

Got up had a cuppa rosie then Hour later had
Breakfast - Porridge oats so simple the honey one.

Lunch - Heinz big hearty soup (potato and steak one
- half a tin) - scrummy this is .....mmmmmmm

Dinner - Chicken & salad ( like chicken shish kebab but no pitta bread and had half a plate side size...was stuffed

I dont do snacks at all but I do sometimes have the occasional low fat yoghurt with fruit or jelly ( not together) but this isnt every single day perhaps once or twice a week.

I drink tea ( with sweeteners)/plain water/nas squash through out the day, I always try too have at least 3 pints minimum a day. I also take one a day multi vitamin ( this is my choice, wasnt told or asked too but I do)

All the best - MeJulie xxx

cah-ching

I have been asked to post what I eat to give the newbies / strugglers or anyone interested some ideas. Well they work for me, so here are my rules, followed by some food ideas - its a long one, feel free to ignore / digest at your will:

Rule 1 - 3 small meals a day, dont comsume more than 2 snacks a day.

Rule 2 - Chose solid, dry or textured food which is low fat/sugar.

Rule 3 - Protein first and chew, chew and chew. Veg next, then and only if you do not feel full, carbs.

Rule 4 - STOP as soon as you feel full, leave whats on your plate - then dont serve so much next time if you dont like waste. Dont eat that last bit just because you can! If you feel your portion sizes are increasing it may not mean a fill is needed - you could be pushing your band with quantity or type of food.

Rule 5 - Alcohol in moderation (yes thats right banders are ALLOWED alcohol) be aware of the calories. Think spirit and slimline (50 cals) rather than large wine (175 - 250 cals). Add ice to take away the fizz. Avoid fizz if you have been advised to or if it causes discomfort.

Rule 6 - Aim for 1 1/2 litres of low cal fluids. Limit fruit juices which are full of sugar.

Rule 7 - Dont eat and drink at the same time, the lquid will wash the food through.

Rule 8 - Move! walk, swim whatever you can but try and be more active.

Rule 9 - Don't skip meals.

Rule 10 - There isn't one :D

Food ideas:

Breakfast:

Good choices: 3-4 melba toast with low fat soft cheese.
Cereal size bowl of chopped fruit, with yoghurt (low fat).
1-2 eggs boiled or scrambled, with mushrooms or maybe tinned tomatoes.
On the move - a protein shake or slim fast

Not to often cereals, muesli, beans and toast - more carbs / calories.

Try and avoid - fried breakfast, sugar coated cereals, fresh bread, pastries.

Lunch:

Good choices: 3-4 ryvita type crackers topped with protein ie ham, trukey or low fat soft cheese. Plus a side salad.
2 egg omelet with your choice of protein plus a salad.
Protein ie chicken breast chopped into a large salad - low fat dressing. Or a veg stir fry.
Grilled or baked fish - tuna, prawns whatever takes your fancy with a salad.

On occasion - beans, pitta bread, jacket potato, cous cous.

Try and avoid - bread, rolls, sandwiches, bagesl etc. Full fat hard cheese, soup, rice, pasta or noodles.

Evening meal:

As lunch really but sometimes have a ready meal, low fat of course.

Limit - Sauce based dishes, shepherds pie, fish pie etc. Potato's.

Try to avoid - as lunch. Plus the ready meal has no rice or pasta.
Chips - booooo
Fast food.

Snacks - x 2 maximum and only if needed.

Good - fruit, melon, pears, strawberries - I cant manage apples :eek:. Crudites with some low fat humous - no raw carrot for me though :eek:. Low fat youghurt.

Occasionally sweet things - banana's, chocolaty low fat puddings. Savoury things - snack a jacks, french fries.

Move away from - biscuits, higher fat crisps, sweets - etc, etc :sigh:

Hope this helps some of you ;) x x x

Excellent advice here. Thanks. Will print this off.