• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yoghurt Advice

Mynewlife

Dear All

can anyone advise as to a good yoghurt? I have been thinking about my sugar intake, which I believe is way too high, so I want to start cutting back on the sugar as much as I can. I bought some weight watchers yoghurt, but after reading the label, the sugar content is too high. Has anyone tried the Greek % yoghurt? and would that be ok with some fresh fruit in, say raspberries or blueberries? would that be better for me than a mueller light?

Also, I normally have at least one sugar in my tea, coffee, would changing to sweetners be helpfull? I am a bander, so sugar does not affect me like it does bypassers. What about cereal bars, they seem to have very high sugar contents, is there any that anyone can suggest I try that does not have that much sugar in?

thank you people, any suggestions would be really helpfull:eek:

MNL

I have Total Greek Yoghurt 0% a lot, it is zero fat and zero sugar.

Nutrition and TOTAL Greek yoghurt

TOTAL Greek Yoghurt is made from completely natural ingredients. Total Greek Yoghurt is live, pasteurised and contains no artificial additives, preservatives or thickeners. TOTAL has no added sugars or sweeteners, just naturally occurring lactose. TOTAL Greek Yoghurt is a good source of protein. Protein is essential for the body to function properly. It’s used to help build up and maintain body tissue and for enzyme development. Yoghurt plays an important role in nutrition. Produced by fermenting milk with healthy cultures, yoghurt contains the same number of calories as milk – but it’s easier to digest. Vegetarians can eat TOTAL Greek Yoghurt. And it’s also suitable for diabetics, pregnant women and people on gluten-free diets.

1 whole 500g pot has, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 260 calories, 45g protein, 20g carbs and 400g calcium.

Go for it, with some soft fruits and a tablespoon of honey! (65 cals)

I've been having the Activia fat free Yoghurts (not sure of sugar content) with a few branflakes and linseeds for brekkie as I've not yet found the Total greek yog that Caz has mentioned, but greek yoghurt is lush :drool: and should be lovely with some berries....mmmmm :D

It is available in Asda, Tesco, Waitrose, Morrisons, Co-op and Sainsbury. Tesco sometimes dont have stock of the zero fat one.

Thanks Cazbandy

I will get some from Waitrose at lunch time, I am going back to softer foods, cant stick the 7 days liquid diet anymore, and will give the yoghurt a go.

really appreciate the help.

MNL:eek:

I had muller light when on pre op diet. Have'nt touched one since though lol. Also snackajacks seem to be popular with many peeps on here so they might be ok. There's the slimfast cereal bar too plus the little nibbles packs they do.

Back