• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do people dump on?

I've only dumped once (thankfully), when I drank a really small cup of milky coffee (skimmed milk) too quickly after not eating for quite a while. I've had an occasion or two when something hasn't gone down well & has come back up, but I don't think those were dumps. I think one thing you can safely assume, is that there is no rhyme nor reason to what will make you dump or when...what you will be fine on one day can make you feel rotten the next day. As we are all so different, even asking what sets one person off, won't be the same for you. All you can do is scrutinise the food labels and try a little bit of anything new to see how you get on xxx

Hi, I'm only two weeks after surgery today in fact. It has been up and down for me. I am still on fluids, I dump on slimfast, orange juice (both recommended in the post op diet). I dump if its slightly too hot as well. Today I had my original complan at breakfast which has been going down well, I put an extra scoop in today. I struggled to get half a cup down and then dumped. The feeling is awful although it passed within half hour. I am still determined whatever and will continue to plod on, I am not put off more p****d off and just a little fearful of what it might be next.

Thanks guys for all your input, its just so weird how you can tolerate some stuff but not others, but we will all get there i am sure, as for taking my tablets i hate it especially my fast tabs they literally make me gag i have asked my gp for them in capsule or tablet form as the fast tabs are too sweet, i dont know if anybody else had them but i was given my adcal tablets in effervescent form, i cant take them as they are just too fizzy and upset my tum, so they will be going back to the chemist, and will be taking my oh ones as his are chewable, they say dont drink fizzy stuff then give you them how stupid xx

I'VE only had one mild dump 3 weeks after surgery and it was on sugar free angel delight ( yet i had eaten several times before without any problems) Don't seem to dump at all but i still try and keep an eye on my sugar content and stick to sugar free chocolate when i want a choc fix x

Very strangely I have started dumping on a new food...apples! Im 13 months out of surgery and have never dumped on apples before now but today was the second time that it happened, very strange and not nice.
Steph xx

I havnt tried an apple yet but theres no way Id have thought it might make you dump!! What a weird business the WLS malarkey is :D XX

Its the strangest thing...its quite mild...I just go really sick feeling and very hot and very dizzy and have to lie down for a while, but its the same kind of feeling I get from other sugary things, not nice and strange to suddenly have started happening. Ah well huh.
Steph xx

My dumping foods so far!

Ambrosia Low Fat custard (only a tablespoon)
Orange Juice made from concentrate (tropicana smooth etc is fine)
Anything fatty - a lamb chop
a small vegetable spring roll

Still experimenting . . but only at home!! Stay safe when out as I have no wish to be passing out in a restaurant!

Jan I would be pleased if I were you! Its not a nice experience and can make you a bit nervous about eating out. I am not as sensitive a dumper as many by the sounds of things but I almost get into 'oh dear I cant eat anything' mode when I am out as I do worry about having a funny turn in a restaurant!

I dump on:

nothing :(

I don't dump easily but have found that the haribo chewy sweets have a laxative effect (handy when constipated!)

That's going to be next step, a letter then PALS.

Even milk makes me feel sickly. My biggest worry is how ill I feel after taking my tablets.

Again I'm sorry for sounding like a whinge bag & hijacking this thread!!

hiya hun sorry you are not having a good time of it xxxx I have maureens Email address if you want me to pm it to ya????? Have you been having the troubles from the start or is it just starting recently..??????? hope this can be sorted for you xxxxxxxxx

I have dumped on cheddar cheese even just a few strands!!!

I'm now nearly 8months post op and have not dumped on anything untill yesterday me and hubby went to Starbucks so I had a small plain hot chocolate no sugar or cream I felt a bit sick after but thought it was because I had drank it to fast, today we were out shopping and visited starbucks again OMG was I ill I felt sick, sleepy, I had hot n cold flushes and felt I was going to pass out we had to stop and sit down for a bit but it made no difference and we had to come home, never again am I having a hot chocolate from Starbucks again, I wouldn't mind but I can have had hot chocolate from costa coffee and that's fine :(

Cornflakes.......... of all the bloody things to dump on, ive just worked out they are the culprit for me being sluggish on a morning, there full of sugar, omg who would of thought it eh ! :(

Ha ha Liz poor inconspicuous cornflakes . . shame really its not exactly like having frosties!! Have to stick to boring porridge or a bit of low sugar meusli and a banana. I find breakfast worst meal to deal with as I cannot be bothered to cook anything (because I dont feel hungry) but really we need to eat something - hence I often just end up with a milkshake with added marvel.

Back