• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

You'll NEVER guess where I went last night ...

That is amazing hunni :D

I am so chuffed for you, did they give you and indication of when your next appointment might be or do you just need to wait for them to send you the letter through??

I am so excited for you, i dont know if i am now more nervous about going to my appointment or not :-/

Please keep us up to date hunni :D

and congratulations again :D
xx

Yippppeeee Sue, i'm really chuffed for ya chucks. x

That is amazing hunni :D

I am so chuffed for you, did they give you and indication of when your next appointment might be or do you just need to wait for them to send you the letter through??

I am so excited for you, i dont know if i am now more nervous about going to my appointment or not :-/

Please keep us up to date hunni :D

and congratulations again :D
xx

Dr. Hartland said my next appointment would be in about 8 weeks. I'm waiting for the actual date to come in the post. He said that it would be my first pre-op appointment and that there would be other people there to see me as well (not sure who?!!). He also said that I would be no more that 18 weeks away from surgery then.

Is the Tracey you on about at walsall the secetary of Miss heitmenn Or a differant one Cause that Tracey is on maternity leave

Dr. Hartland said my next appointment would be in about 8 weeks. I'm waiting for the actual date to come in the post. He said that it would be my first pre-op appointment and that there would be other people there to see me as well (not sure who?!!). He also said that I would be no more that 18 weeks away from surgery then.

that is awesome hunn :D
xx

It is at 7:55pm lol :D

I am NERVOUS!!!
lol
xx

I hope so, can i ask what dept you went to?

xx

I hope so, can i ask what dept you went to?

xx

I went to the Outpatient Department. Lesley was at the desk to book me in.
I was then called into a room to be weighed :eek: (it wasn't too bad really, honestly).
Then back to the waiting room until I was called in by Ana, the Bariatric Nurse. I went into the consulting room with Ana and Dr. Hartland. Dr. Hartland asked if I had any illnessess and what medication I was taking. He then asked if I had thought about what type of surgery I wanted. I said that although I thought a band would be safer, I thought a bypass would be better for me. He agreed and said that the band can fail and is only 50% successful. He said that really, the bypass was no more risky than the band and that it was low risk :D:D:D
He said that I would now have to wait 8 - 12 weeks for the next appointment, which disappointed me a bit, but that when I do go back, tell him what I want and he will do it :8855:.
Ana said that they had to do that, to allow people time to change their minds. I said that I had originally been to my gp in July last year and that I was sure. He told me to ask Lesley to book me an appointment for 8 weeks. He said that it would be my first pre-op appointment and that there would be other people there as well. He then said that at that point I would be no more than 18 weeks away from surgery.
I expected him to tell me how risky it would be, or to try to talk me out of it, but it wasn't like that at all.
There's really nothing to worry about,

I didnt sleep a wink last night worrying, i had a feeling i was being sent to be told to go on a diet for like 12 months or something. But i called this morning and asked who my appointment was with and they said it is with Dr. Khan...so i am feeling a little bit better about it now.

I am glad things are going well hun :D

And thank you for the updates :D
xx

I didnt sleep a wink last night worrying, i had a feeling i was being sent to be told to go on a diet for like 12 months or something. But i called this morning and asked who my appointment was with and they said it is with Dr. Khan...so i am feeling a little bit better about it now.

I am glad things are going well hun :D

And thank you for the updates :D
xx

Rach, I would be surprised if you see Mr Khan on thursday to be honest. He will be your surgeon but everyone else has seen Ana and Dr Hartland on their first appointment. I dont think most people meet Mr Khan until they are in hospital for the surgery.

I may be wrong though hun x

He told me to ask Lesley to book me an appointment for 8 weeks. He said that it would be my first pre-op appointment and that there would be other people there as well.

Oh Im worrying now, Dr Hartland didnt ask me to get the reception lady (it wasnt lesley on the evening I went) to book my next appointment, just told me to hand my paperwork to her.

Actually thinking about it, Would it even be worth them scheduling our first pre op's until they have secured funding.

no hun, I hate it when we get told conflicting information. Dr Hartland told me that they apply for funding straight away, and then once its in place I will receive a letter with my first and second pre op appointments. This is also what happened with Terri and Angela.

I did ring Tracey Lowe who deals with the funding though last week, and she said that the Jan files havent come down from clinic yet, so she hadnt at that time sent off for my funding, but that she would do it as soon as she received the file. When I rang her she was still dealing with paperwork from before Xmas so thats about a 4 - 5 week wait between seeing Dr H and Tracey applying for funding.

It would be much simpler if the hospital gave us something in writing confirming the process so that we all knew what to expect. Its so confusing and stressful for us all. I'm now doubting what Ive been told because you have been told different....

Argh!!

Oooo so many different stories....how confusing for you all. You would think there would be a set procedure that is followed!
I can't remember if I said congratulations to you Rach, so if I did'nt I am now chucks. I had my first appointment with Dr Hartland, did'nt make another appointment or anything, my next communication was when I recieved news about my funding and I had to ring up to agree to the open gb. Then as soon as that was sorted I had my two pre op dates come in one letter, that was that. x

Dr. Hartland told me that I would be put on the waiting list after my next appointment. He said come back (then) and tell me what you want (band or bypass) and I'll do it. I said I'd already made up my mind, and that's when he said "we have to do this, I'm afraid." He said that there have been occasions when people have got within a week of surgery and changed their minds. That's when Ana said it's like a cooling off period. I asked him if that's when funding would be applied for and he said yes. I'd read on here, somewhere, that funding isn't applied for until you go on the waiting list. He did say then, though, it would be no more that 18 weeks from that appointment until surgery.

No chucks you go on waiting list once they have recieved confirmation of your funding from your PCT. x

hun, they cant put you on the waiting list until they have funding. Otherwise they might end up having to cancel you if your funding is turned down.

Terri and Angela were both not put on waiting list until funding approved. Allie, was that the same for you chick?

There might be other patients from other hospitals that have gone on waiting list before funding approved, but Im almost certain that Im correct in saying that Walsall won't put you on waiting list until your PCT write to them saying they will pay for your operation.

Are you under Birmingham East and North PCT?

Back