• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

12st lost - but still overweight :(

I am around 24 on the Bmi scale however I still look more on the chunky side because I have a small frame. I know loads of people that are over a normal Bmi but look smaller than me. Drives me crazy!

If you have lost 12st, then it's probably safe to say you have some loose skin? Hopefully not to much but I know from experience, we rarely get away with none when we have been the size we have been.

So, if you imagine you were to have a apronectomy tomorrow, how much skin do you think would be removed in terms of pounds? For me, it'll be about 7lbs.

Take that off your weight, and recalculate your bmi. I bet it is under 25.

So you have your scale weight, and your "seasonly adjusted" weight (to use the old government phrase for fiddling the unemployment figures). Is it really fair to include loose skin in the bmi calc? I don't think so.

What I'm saying is that you are under 25 on the bmi already. You are effectively standing on the scales with stuff in your pockets :)

You're spot on with this Serenity. It's what my husband keeps trying to drum into me. Will I listen? Nope.

But Butterfly, you do look so good. X

The before and after a look like a different person! Medical research shows those in the lower third of overweight have often better outcomes and these tables are outdated and need to be revised.

I am no longer overweight at 10st 5 lol never thought I'd get here :)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 21
  • FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 26
You look amazing Butterfly, do you feel it??

Sometimes, but mostly I still feel fat, today in a supermarket a lady offered me a sample of crisps I refuse saying I'm on a diet, she goes, diet!?? Theres nothing to you, I was wearing size 8 jeans, I just wish I could see what others see, I still see the fatbird of old :(

Hi - if anyone is worrying about their BMI here's a good article explaining why it is flawed - Why BMI is inaccurate and misleading

Remember - the fittest rugby players on the pitch, if we go on their BMI, would be deemed obese! x

I think there will always be a fat girl inside of us, making us see through her eyes no matter what weight we are.

You do look fab though. Really well done :)

I know all too well how that feels :( 'BDD' Body Dysmorphic Disorder:
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/body-dysmorphia/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I'm awaiting help with this. Either CBT or talking to someone who helps with eating disorders.

When I look in a mirror I see a hugely fat grotesque woman staring back at me. Wide hips, double chin, thunder thighs etc but when I see a reflection in a window or a double mirror (looking at a reflection in a reflection) I see completely different. I can see my hip bones and ribs so prominently now too, there's not much actual fat left, loads of skin. But, it's not what I see when I look in the mirror.

Are you the same?

When I look in a mirror I see a hugely fat grotesque woman staring back at me. Wide hips, double chin, thunder thighs etc but when I see a reflection in a window or a double mirror (looking at a reflection in a reflection) I see completely different. I can see my hip bones and ribs so prominently now too, there's not much actual fat left, loads of skin. But, it's not what I see when I look in the mirror. ?

Oh i understand you so well!!! Sounds so familiar for me...

I know all too well how that feels :( 'BDD' Body Dysmorphic Disorder:
Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) - NHS Choices

I'm awaiting help with this. Either CBT or talking to someone who helps with eating disorders.

When I look in a mirror I see a hugely fat grotesque woman staring back at me. Wide hips, double chin, thunder thighs etc but when I see a reflection in a window or a double mirror (looking at a reflection in a reflection) I see completely different. I can see my hip bones and ribs so prominently now too, there's not much actual fat left, loads of skin. But, it's not what I see when I look in the mirror.

Are you the same?

Yes exactly the same, I was in Ikea and went round a corner and was face to face with a full length mirror and for that split second I thought wow I really am slim, but as I looked harder I saw all the flab :(

Back