• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any ballooners out there? Support needed!

So... Today is exactly two weeks since insertion and I am down exactly 5 kilos! Plus, I ran my first road race in three years!

image-1876293667.jpg

To be blunt the balloon is not an easy WL tool to work with you have to be fully committed to it or it just won't work. Avoid getting "full up" at all costs. It makes no difference what you are getting full up on... If you stretch your stomach capacity that's it, resistance is gone.
Concentrate on getting the lean protein in there first then the veg then a little carbs. Don't drink with your meals. Leave at least twenty minutes either side. Once you feel sated STOP!
In between meals drink plenty.
After a large loss in weight It is not unusual to experience a stall as the body starts realise that it's being starved of its usual calorie intake

So... Today is exactly two weeks since insertion and I am down exactly 5 kilos! Plus, I ran my first road race in three years!

View attachment 10762

Hahaha that teaches me to read the thread completely before posting:8855:

We'll done hun on getting past the stall and with that huge loss that's fantastic :).

image-605909641.jpg

I made these "motivation jars" to help keep me on track. I keep them on my kitchen counter in plain sight. They were easy to make and inexpensive if anyone else wants to make them. Moving the beads from the fat jar into the skinny jar each Saturday is the highlight of my week!

Just took myself out to lunch (miso soup and 3 pieces of tuna sashimi) and on a little shopping trip to Dorothy Perkins for an outfit for my trip. Two skirts, both UK 16 and a top that's UK 14 (though all stretchy things)! The weight isn't coming off as quickly as I want but my body is changing!

Remember its a marathon not a sprint. Good that you're noticing the changes already. Are you off somewhere nice

Yes! Off to Cape Town for a week with two of my girlfriends. Planning on getting as many massages as my budget will allow :)

Love a bit of pampering. You enjoy. Roll on Thursday for my b- day lol. Can't believe it's come round at last

You are going to do awesome! It's a walk in the park! I brought my headphones/iPod to the hospital to help me zone out and relax before/after, and a teddy bear :) Just know that it's a few days of Hell that'll lead you to a body from Heaven :)

I have balloon inserted 19th July, feel like been a total waste of time. No restriction at all just horrific reflux! Not lost anything at all I'm totally gutted just the 4 stone I'd lost myself through slim world xxz

So sorry to hear that, Melissa. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you have filled? I don't have much restriction, but they have me on 1,000 calories a day. What did your dietician have as your diet plan?

Back