• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any ballooners out there? Support needed!

All done. Bit of a sore throat. No pain or nausea (yet) but a few good burps......femfrankie thanks for the warning lol x

Great news! Are you home or spending the night in the hospital? Tomorrow, remember very small sips. I took mine off a teaspoon no more than 1-2 a minute. Wishing you a restful sleep!

In over night. Will remember all your top tips. Bizarre not feeling hungry at all despite not eating of drinking for almost 11 hours but could kill for a sip of iced water. Soon hopefully x

Fantastic kismet. I'm iver the moon for you hun :)
Im afraid the burps tend to stick aground for quite a bit

The burps are the worst. Mine have improved, though only slightly. I was amazed that I wasn't hungry either on day zero. It didn't come for 4-5 days, I think. Can you have some ice chips?

What?!?! Don't let them force you! You'll get sick. Go at your own pace. If you had IV fluids through the night you're well hydrated and can take it easy. The first few days I sipped all day long but didn't take in much volume.

I know utter madness. IV fluids came down at 7am. Feel fine except for grippy wind ache. Been shown ballon move from consultant and he's happy. The sink here is my friend as what they expect me to drink is going down it lol x

Regular sipping is important hun as you need to make sure that you do not become dehydrated which can happen quite easily. The first few days is all about constant little sips ;) xx

Sipping away femfrankie lol. Just got home and feel a bit sick but I think that's more being in a car for 3+ hours now I can stretch out it's settling down. I feel better at the mo than I thought I would. Bit of a headache but I think that's due to caffeine withdraw as I would have had 3 buckets of tea by now lol xx

So pleased everything went well. Gives me hope I'm so scared xx
Hope u had a restful night and r still feeling good xxx

Hi woody, don't be scared. Just listen to the people on here. Little sips all the way. Take your meds they prescribe and hopefully it will be plan sailing xx

Glad to hear you're doing well, Kismet. I kept a bucket next to the bed, just in case. A few more days and you'll be right as rain. Try to sleep almost upright at first, it helps with the acid.

All the advice on here definitely helps. I'm just so nervous about being awake for the endoscope but I'm also quite excited to be starting my journey. Just a wreck of emotions at present. Glad to hear good reports off everyone xxx

All the advice on here definitely helps. I'm just so nervous about being awake for the endoscope but I'm also quite excited to be starting my journey. Just a wreck of emotions at present. Glad to hear good reports off everyone xxx

Woody,

Won't you be sedated? I was petrified of being awake, too but I was rolled in, sedated, and the next thing I remember it was done and my throat hurt. If you're sedated there's no worries! You'll do great! I'm the biggest wimp ever and I did fine :)

Three Week Update:

So, it's been exactly three weeks since insertion and I'm down exactly 6 kilos (13.1 lbs)! Yeah! I'm quite happy with that! Though now I'm petrified of going on vacation next week and afraid I'll go over my calories or won't get enough exercise in. I've just got to make it a priority, right?

Congrats on the loss Neisie :). We'll Done!
Enjoy the holiday hun and try stick to the plan even while away. Just remember there is very little room for error or should I say overeating with the gastric balloon so stick with it. Easier said than done I know but you are so early on in the balloons life it would be awful if you regained and lost restriction at the same time! It's a shame that we associate holidays with a good feed ...paid for it so I'm eating it attitude :eek: but it really doesn't have to be like that. Look more on the activity side of things for comfort. It worked for me on my recent cruise :)
Have a great time hun x

Back