• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Any ballooners out there? Support needed!

Woody I was asleep for my procedure and like neisie woke up when it was all over with a dry mouth and sore throat.

Neisie well done on your loss. Keep positive while you are away. This is going to be a learning curve for future holidays.

Well day 2. Have had lots of nausea but not actually been sick. Very tired today probably the combination of sedation and lack of food lol.
Have a stinking headache and I'm putting that down to lack of caffeine.
Time to get some fluids in me. Hope you all have a good day
X

You're doing great! Especially not puking! Have you tried Jello yet? I couldn't stomach the chicken broth. I also had luck with the little Yakult probiotic drinks :) Just keep on sipping and you'll feel normal before you know it!

I've already made sure there's a gym at my hotel (as I won't be jogging around on the streets of Cape Town) and there's a pool that I can do laps in. Plus I've downloaded the menus from the hotel to pre-plan some of my food. And, of course, I'll pack protein bars and powder for breakfast. It's just the wine I'm worried about! I love wine! I'm just going to have to exercise my butt off every morning so I have a lot of extra calories to use each day ;)

Had mu soup and now having a jelly. Struggling with the bad taste in my mouth so got some sugar free mints. I am determined not to puke lol

Well you have planned a head for your holiday. How about soda with your wine or ice? Will make it last longer so you don't drink so much lol x

I only barfed on day two and then twice since then after eating spicy food :( You're doing great!

Good suggestions on the wine... But I drink red :) Just need to watch what I eat and exercise for an hour a day to make sure I don't go over 1,000 calories. I'm determined that I'm going to lose weight on vacation instead of gain!

Had mu soup and now having a jelly. Struggling with the bad taste in my mouth so got some sugar free mints. I am determined not to puke lol

Well you have planned a head for your holiday. How about soda with your wine or ice? Will make it last longer so you don't drink so much lol x

Headache & bad taste indicate you are in ketosis hun. Your body is burning the fat as you have cut back hard on the carbs. All perfectly normal ;). As you start getting back to eating "normally" this will pass.

As for the soda errrrm I was told that this is a big No No ... Nothing with fizz! I would double check this with your provider hun ;)

You're doing great! Especially not puking! Have you tried Jello yet? I couldn't stomach the chicken broth. I also had luck with the little Yakult probiotic drinks :) Just keep on sipping and you'll feel normal before you know it!

I've already made sure there's a gym at my hotel (as I won't be jogging around on the streets of Cape Town) and there's a pool that I can do laps in. Plus I've downloaded the menus from the hotel to pre-plan some of my food. And, of course, I'll pack protein bars and powder for breakfast. It's just the wine I'm worried about! I love wine! I'm just going to have to exercise my butt off every morning so I have a lot of extra calories to use each day ;)

Good to see you have everything planned out.
On the alcohol thing I thought I could manage with just cutting back and pacing my intake but it never worked out that way as I found that as soon as alcohol passed my lips so did my cares & good intentions. I'm not that big a drinker anyway and I can say no to it so thought okay that's it no more drink for now. If I can't go a year without having a drink then I'm not ready for this. For me it was easier just to say no all together and I haven't had a drink since February this year. Ultimately wine is loaded with calories and best avoided anyway so for me it was the right choice to make ;)

Day 3 not such a good day. Feeling cold and shaky probably from the zero carb intake. Cooking up a batch of home made mushroom soup to try and warm me up. Had a 'why have I put myself through this' moment but have given myself a good shake and have my positive hat back on.
Hope you're having a good Sunday,
X

I went through the same thing - buyers remorse. I was pretty bummed out for about a week and felt as if I'd made a huge mistake. Your body is adjusting to something alien and it takes a bit - physically and mentally. You're doing great! Just keep getting in your fluids and get your body moving as soon as it's ready.

Day 3 not such a good day. Feeling cold and shaky probably from the zero carb intake. Cooking up a batch of home made mushroom soup to try and warm me up. Had a 'why have I put myself through this' moment but have given myself a good shake and have my positive hat back on.
Hope you're having a good Sunday,
X

Early days hun you will feel a bit crappy for a few days yet and the ketosis tends to make you cranky. Just hang in there it will get better hun honestly ;) xx

Thanks guys. I'm home alone today so that might be why I'm feeling sorry for myself. Have work tomorrow....... Not sure at this stage I'll be going in x

I made it to work on day 4. Only managed a few hours but it got me out of the house. Just don't overdo it!

Today is a GREAT day! I weighed in at 99 kilos! I broke 100 kilos and my loss is 7 kilos (15.4 lbs) in just over 3 weeks! Off to boxing for an hour! Burn baby, burn!

Hi neisie, sleeping not too bad but woke up several times with cramps. Decided against work as it's an all or nothing job. Lots of niggley pains and cramps throughout the day. Still not hungry, just feeling washed out. Need to get my mojo back lol. Reflux is bad too even on water!
When are you away? x

Hi neisie, sleeping not too bad but woke up several times with cramps. Decided against work as it's an all or nothing job. Lots of niggley pains and cramps throughout the day. Still not hungry, just feeling washed out. Need to get my mojo back lol. Reflux is bad too even on water! When are you away? x

Hey Kismet,

I remember those cramps well - it was like getting punched in the belly. I was always walking around rubbing my swollen, gassy, crampy belly :) My Doc gave me Buscopan which helped some. They're totally gone now so it shouldn't be too much longer! I had reflux in the beginning but none now; I'm really lucky but possibly in part bc I'm only filled to 500 cc. Have you managed any yogurt yet? Are you keeping your fluids down? I think milk and yogurt help with the reflux, too.

I'm off late Weds night - bought myself two sweaters today from Next, one a size 16 and one a size 14! Hoping I can drop a bit more in the next two days to really get me in the mood for a vacation filled with running, squats, and sit-ups ;)

Neisie I think my balloon has been replaced with a brick lol. Yogurt, milky drinks and soups going down and staying down. Have just spoken to my dietician and she wants me to up my fluids to 2 litres a day. Plus she has given me the ok for soda water as she says this will clean the balloon and my help with the trapped wind, just need to be careful I don't fill myself up with it.
I am not going to buy any clothes as I have so many smaller sizes in the wardrobe I can't wait to get into. Well done in getting smaller sizes you really are doing well.
Well day 4 done and dusted let's see what day 5 brings
X

I'm so jealous! I'm not allowed fizzy drinks under any circumstances. I'm miss soda water! I'm not buying new clothes, not really, just don't have anything appropriate for less than 30 degrees so needed some sweaters! I'm petrified of freezing to death!

Back